What's new

Rotbart Mond Extra PIF

proxy.php
Hold on a few more days, I want to get a whole week under my belt. I will say that it is a fascinating shaver!!

First of all thanks to @Space_Cadet for this generous PIF.

This is my first Rotbart so I didn't know what to expect. It looks very much like a Single Ring so I think that mentally that was what I was expecting. The weight and balance are very similar to the Single Ring as well.
I loaded up a Voskhod, which is my go to blade. Everything lined up as it should so I was good to go. The first stroke reveled that this isn't a Single Ring. The razor felt very aggressive but didn't have the blade feel that I usually associate with aggressive razors. 3 passes later and I got a great shave. The blade was a bit tuggy though. The second shave was the same and by the third the blade was uncomfortable enough to swap it out for a Spoiler. The Spoiler made a huge difference. I don't know if the Voskhod was a dud or that the Robart likes a sharper blade but now I could see this as a daily driver for sure. I haven't gotten any irritation, nicks or weepers even though it feels aggressive. The reason for the delay in the review was that I was trying to wrap my brain around the lack of blade feel.

@Space_Cadet thanks again for letting me add a great razor to my den. I think this will remain my daily driver for a while longer.

Top Bottom