What's new

Rotbart Mond Extra PIF

Thank you for this opportunity, I never heard about it but I`m in, I would like to try it.

And in good fate, if I receive this PIF I would either PIF some razor, maybe the same one in case that doesn't suit me well, or some blade sample pack.

Wow, gorgeous! :001_tt1:
I'm doing grad school in Germany, but have never heard of this. I guess I have to learn a lot more still. :001_tt2:
Seeing as I am wanting to try some really aggressive razors anyway, and since it would be something cool to have from the land of my grad school, I'm in! Thanks for the opportunity!

I've never heard of this razor. Doing some quick research, some call it mid-aggressive. But one thing most agree on is they tend to like the way it shaves.

In that case I'm in. Thanks for the opportunity Space_Cadet.

This is a PIF for a German-made Rotbart Mond Extra no.15 razor.
It's a great shaver, and many consider it a masterpiece, but for me it's just a little bit too aggressive. My loss is your gain. The razor is in good condition and with an original box. The PIF is open to everyone.

proxy.php
Very generous of you for such an historic design. Respectfully not in. :)

Last edited:

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I’m in. I’ve been chasing a Rotbart (on the German, Austrian, and US auction site). I’m an aggressive razor guy, and from what I hear, this would fit the bill.

Thank you for your generosity!!!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
When you say not aggressive but well engineered, what does that mean?

Smoothly and quickly cuts the hairs but not your face, good blade alignment, easy on the blade feel (unnecessary in my experience, no thanks), maneuverable, nice balance. Like a Tech but better -- this may not be for you, Parallax, doesn't tick all your boxes.

I am in, what an awesome opportunity. Thank you.
I have found I like a more aggressive shave after trying out more razors recently.

Smoothly and quickly cuts the hairs but not your face, good blade alignment, easy on the blade feel (unnecessary in my experience, no thanks), maneuverable, nice balance. Like a Tech but better -- this may not be for you, Parallax, doesn't tick all your boxes.
Perhaps not. In the unlikely event I'm selected, would try it and if it doesn't fit the bill, would PIF it back out.

A nice generous PIF, I am not in as I just got one. Two shaves in with a Feather and I love it! It doesn’t seem to be overly aggressive, but is does deliver an efficient, comfortable shave.

Tom

Last edited:
Top Bottom