What's new

Rotation

Lovely image. You seem to have somewhere ~40 so if you went up to 49 you'd have 7 seven day sets that could be rotated. Seem reasonable to me.

Excellent collection and photo.

What is your favorite shaver and why?

Favorite shaver? Couldn't even begin to pick one. I have been selling the ones which didn't get used for one reason or another. So what you see there are among my favorites. The Le Grelots shave as well as you could hope for (versions I, II, vintage and frameback). But when I haven't shaved for a few days, the big Wostenholm at the bottom right takes care of business like nobody's business. Lately, I have found myself reaching for perfectly honed hollow grinds more often. Then there are the framebacks, which are always superior, a couple of no name razors, Thiers Issard historic razors, smaller Sheffield wedges and half hollows. Not to mention the four Heljestrands - three in beautiful ivory and one in genuine tortoise. Add in a Chandler, a Livi (regrind), a Williams and a Zowada and how on Earth could I pick just one razor!?!

Lovely image. You seem to have somewhere ~40 so if you went up to 49 you'd have 7 seven day sets that could be rotated. Seem reasonable to me.

Seven seven day sets for one seven week set. Plus a seven day set for traveling and a pair for girlfriend's place. That puts the rotation at 58. So round up to a solid 70 to account for varying preferences and spur of the moment must haves...

...hmmmmmm. You might be onto something! I like the idea. Very much. B&B ROCKS!

Since I am showing off - which is somewhat out of character - here is a shot of one of my more significant Ebay scores, a matched pair of Heljestrand Mk. 32 in ivory and their case. I will post a more worthy picture tomorrow once my flash has new batteries.

proxy.php

I guess I am still showing off...here are a few more from the collection. These are the really nice ones...

proxy.php

From the top:

1. Thiers Issard - TIPILE
2. C. V. Heljestrand Mk. 32, Tortoise Shell Scales
3. Mappin & Webb 5/8 Nulli Secundus, Ivory Scales
4. Le Grelot Discoble (Vintage)
5. Zowada, B&B Limited Edition
6. Livi Regrind, Padauk
7. Wacker, 7/8 Quarter Hollow, Horn Scales
8. Thiers Issard 7/8 Historique, Horn Scales
9. Robert Williams Custom - 7/8 Quarter Hollow, Ivory and Damascus
10. Chandler Custom - 8/8 Wedge, Stainless & Cocobolo (aka one big a**ed straight)

Last edited:
I have a spare room which has evolved over time to be something of a dressing room. Those straights are on the wall in there, just above the table with all the others.

Must say, I am a little embarrassed showing all them off...

I think you have a great collection. You have some really nice razors and some great customs. Thank you for sharing it with us.

How does the Wacker shave? Probably like a dream :001_smile

Shawn - the Wacker does shave quite well. Although it is a large razor, it feels quite light and and nimble.

Chris, aka Subtle as a Train Wreck, I'll take some snaps of the framebacks this weekend.

Thanks all!

Top Bottom