What's new

Rotating motion

I apparently neglected this brush too long. I cleaned it but never imagined some rare stirring in the bowl and circular application, always without mashing, would tangle it so soon. I’m generally a painter, having been a painter. It’s used rarely beside (maybe fifteen times,all tolled in three or four years), having a badger as my go to one.
there were other smaller tangles in the periphery that lost a few more to combing.
57394F76-5325-497B-ACE6-ABB1020D1208.jpeg
E40662F4-B116-4112-8812-016349709391.jpeg

If you want to take the tangle out of your Cremo Horse Hair, hold it vertically underwater and comb it gently with a fork.
Yeah, I got the tangles out using some conditioner and a comb, but that is too much thought for me to worry about the brush. I will probably get rid of it eventually, I like the handle, just not the horse hair knot. It just never was the one for me. I might rip the knot back out and order something else more to my liking and my lathering technique. My boar has been wonderful and my DSCosmetic Synthetics have also been working well. I will give the Cremo another try and keep the swirl and mashing down to a minimum and see what happens though.

Yeah, I got the tangles out using some conditioner and a comb, but that is too much thought for me to worry about the brush. I will probably get rid of it eventually, I like the handle, just not the horse hair knot. It just never was the one for me. I might rip the knot back out and order something else more to my liking and my lathering technique. My boar has been wonderful and my DSCosmetic Synthetics have also been working well. I will give the Cremo another try and keep the swirl and mashing down to a minimum and see what happens though.

I should have emphasized fork more. I use a plastic fork from Chipotle's about once every 30 shaves or so. I swirl and mash and splay quite a bit. The brush works well on WMS. Because it is small, it doesn't waste soap.

More important that painting motion or swirling motion is to no apply too much pressure when lathering. That's the worst offender to a brush breaking down. When lathering in a mug or bowl, don't pump the brush. Allowing only gravity as the downward force.

Top Bottom