What's new

Rotate only 2 items in your den

Items to rotate

• Total voters
Gentlemen,

If you had to choose 2 items of your den to rotate and keep the others constant, what would those items be?

The items being rotated don’t need to have a limited number. For example: if you choose to rotate soaps and brushes and have 350 soaps and 25 brushes, that’s fine. Neither do you have to limit the rotation to items that you already have or exist. In this case, you could by a soap you don’t currently have as well as a new soap, launched in the future. Again, no limits here.

If you use aftershave or cologne on a regular basis and strongly feel that “only 2 is too much”, make it 3 items, then.

Sorry, but pre-shave doesn’t get you an extra item to rotate.

Soaps and creams are counted as the same item.

Adjust for practical considerations as you see fit. In my opinion, disconsider the risk of loosing a razor during a trip, if you choose not to rotate razor and your only razor is an irreplaceable vintage. But, if your beloved badger brush needs 48 hours between shaves to dry and you’re a daily shaver, I’d say you need to rotate brushes. But then, again, adjust as you see fit.

My case:

Soaps and brushes.
(I don’t use pre-shave and don’t always use AS)

PS. If this thread has already been started, I apologize, but I didn’t find it.

Last edited:
Tough question! The only item I do not rotate is razors, where I am set.

Today I answered ’other hardware’
Blades: GSB, Astra SP, Nacet, Personna lab, Personna red plus whatever else I find in the drawer.
Brushes: Rudy Vey (two options), Simpsons (7 options) and Graydog palm wood.

However, tomorrow I may decide to answer ’software!’ as I love to rotate splashes and soaps!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I rotate my two brushes, a Kent BK4 and a Simpson Chubby 1 in best badger.
I have several types of blades, and I shift among them, but it is more a combination of trying carefully to find my ideal blade coupled with Scottish thrift that will not let me ignore the less than perfect but still pretty fine blades I over-acquired along the way (a couple of remaining Crystals and Astras and about fifty UK packaged PIRs, plus my new favorite, so far, four remaining GSBs with a few Nacets on the way).
The other elements, soap (MdC), aftershave (4711 cologne), and razor (ATT Windsor) are fixed. The original plate on the razor, SSR-1, has been replaced by a CM1, but I do not foresee rotating between them. Yikes. That means I may to do something with the SSR-1!

So my vote was more of a status report than an actual vote.

1: Soap/cream/brushes
2: Razor/blades

I know that “looks like more than two” but follow my B&B thought process.
1: soaps/Creams/Brushes work together to provide a great lathering experience and not all work as well together. So, for the lathering experience and performance they “all belong together”.
2: My razor rotation requires different blades (GEM PTFE and AC blades). So, they are actually only “One selection” because I can’t load my Vector with a GEM PTFE or Sabre with an AC blade.
So by using the accepted B&B thought process (AKA Acquisition Disorder Justification) I’m able to “ select only two items” to rotate.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. LOL 😂

1. Soaps
2. Brushes

Here is my Rotation schedule

I do not like have to choose every day what I am going to use, this does not mean that if I want to change that day that I am locked in.
65590738-5CBB-4F44-8C7C-4BA160F9BBAC.jpeg

Last edited:
1: Soap/cream/brushes
2: Razor/blades

I know that “looks like more than two” but follow my B&B thought process.
1: soaps/Creams/Brushes work together to provide a great lathering experience and not all work as well together. So, for the lathering experience and performance they “all belong together”.
2: My razor rotation requires different blades (GEM PTFE and AC blades). So, they are actually only “One selection” because I can’t load my Vector with a GEM PTFE or Sabre with an AC blade.
So by using the accepted B&B thought process (AKA Acquisition Disorder Justification) I’m able to “ select only two items” to rotate.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. LOL 😂

Tim, as the OP I get to establish the rules.

Your reply is SO good, that you’ve earned the right to rotate even the alumn block, if you want!

I didn't cast a vote because my reason for rotating hardware/software is to find "the one" in each category. Once found (if that's possible) I'll achieve my goal of hardware/software NON-ROTATION. :biggrin:

On saying that, I'd still keep some nearly-as-good-as the ones... just as the occasional reminder of how great the ones are.

If that confuses you, join the club. :letterk1:

I'm not sure if I should go Soaps or Cologne. I can live with 1 brush (probably a synthetic because it dries quickly), 1 razor (maybe a MMOC? Or I could choose a straight - in that case a Feather SS), 1 aftershave (likely Clubman).

But I'd need to rotate colognes at least, because not everything works for day/night or hot/cold weather. If I go the cheap route, I might do this:

Rotate colognes -

1. Dunhill Desire Silver
2. Dunhill Desire Black.

Not ideal, but it would do.

More expensive option:

1. Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
2. Tom Ford Ombre Leather.

I'm not sure if I should go Soaps or Cologne. I can live with 1 brush (probably a synthetic because it dries quickly), 1 razor (maybe a MMOC? Or I could choose a straight - in that case a Feather SS), 1 aftershave (likely Clubman).

But I'd need to rotate colognes at least, because not everything works for day/night or hot/cold weather. If I go the cheap route, I might do this:

Rotate colognes -

1. Dunhill Desire Silver
2. Dunhill Desire Black.

Not ideal, but it would do.

More expensive option:

1. Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
2. Tom Ford Ombre Leather.

Well, that’s just “one item” there: Colognes. You can rotate those 4 colognes within that item. Even add more.

And you’d still have one item to rotate: soaps, for instance.

Being a minimalist means this is all too easy. I only have 2 kinds of blades, 2 razors and 2 soaps.

Sorry, but it’s not 2 rotations per item. You have “3 rotating items” there. Althought minimal rotation.

You’d still have to strike 1 of these options out. For instance: 1 blade; 2 razors and 2 soaps.

1. Soaps
2. Brushes

Here is my Rotation schedule

I do not like have to choose every day what I am going to use, this does not mean that if I want to change that day that I am locked in.View attachment 1267403

Impressive!

How do you choose the pairings?

I’m tempted to ask if you have more soaps, as if that 7 soap selection didn’t punch high enough!!

brush & aftershave
I would need to rotate brushes to allow each one to dry.
I could deal with the same soap/razor/blade each day, but would soon become bored with a single aftershave.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I picked soaps/creams, aftershave and brushes. The rest, mostly hardware, I could probably keep constant and be fine.

Top Bottom