What's new

Rotate only 2 items in your den

Items to rotate

• Total voters
It's hard for me to pick only 2, but i'm ok with 3. I pretty much use the same brush and aftershave in every shave and the only things that I rotate are - blades, razors and soaps/creams, since I use both DE and SE razors and it's impossible to use the same blades in all types of razors.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Fun thread! Thinking it through, I rotate for two reasons:
  1. Assure my primary razor choices are best
  2. Joys of soap variety
When traveling, I enjoy wringing out rental cars. But when I return home to my V6 manual Accord, I’m reminded how wonderful my daily driver is. Rotating razors and trying new soaps generates variety that yields to that same assurance.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The only time I would be good for this 2 items of rotation would be travelling. This is a hobby for me and variety means a lot and enjoy the picking up of different items to shave with. It made my technique really solid using so many different razors and I can shave with almost any safety razor. My dad would not have any problem with this thread because that is all he used was a few items for shaving which was normal in the 1930's>2021.
Looking back 5 years ago, I used 1 cartridge razor & same can of Gillette gel for like 30+ years, the only time I changed my razor was when Gillette came out with a new cartridge model of razor I fancied. :a22:

I like rotating soaps, but honestly wouldn't make a difference if I used a good one and didn't rotate. I almost never notice the scent during the shave. I choose AS and cologne, scent is the one thing I would get bored of. I have never tried a pre-shave in my life. It must not make a big difference since it has 0 votes :laugh:

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Very tough question. I suppose if forced id go with rotating soaps/creams and aftershave.
It’s a hard challenge for me because I tend to rotate in all categories pretty much randomly.

Soaps and brushes for me.

Even though I do rotate razors, I could be pretty happy with just my Feather AS-D2.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I already stick to just one razor most of the time, my Edwin Jagger DE3D14. I do use an open comb occasionally, but that's not just for variety. I need that one for trimming sideburns, and reprofiling the beard boundary, where the closed comd sruggles. I don't consider that a rotation, any more than me having a detangling brush as well as a regular hairbrush.

Soaps would definitely have to be my first variable. I keep three soap/cream options in the bathroom at any time. One hard soap, one softer tub soap, and one cream.

Then it gets tricky.

I have about 7 different blade types, and usually keep two brushes in the bathroom. However, I would probably feel more comfortable sticking to one brush than one blade. Only recently, I used my Simpson T2 exclusively for a couple of months. I could easily do the same with my badger brush, or one of my other synthetics.

So for me, it would be soap and blade.

1. Soaps
2. Brushes

Here is my Rotation schedule

I do not like have to choose every day what I am going to use, this does not mean that if I want to change that day that I am locked in.View attachment 1267403
May I kindly point you to this thread...? 😉

PS: No offence intended, I just couldn't resist.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I don't rotate razor, WH, moisturizer and 99% of the time blades. They are my favorites and I don't miss the lack of rotation.

Even though I usually use MdC, I'd be unhappy to have only one soap.

I have a face lathering brush and a couple of boars for the scuttle (as I often use it daily and like to give the boars 24 hours rest). I occasionally rotate in the big Kent and others, but I could live with just the three (and my EVO for travel).

I didn't pick cologne. I don't wear it every day, but I really wouldn't want to use only one. I'd probably pick Spice Bomb or Eau des Baux or Adventus for a daily, but it would be extremely difficult.

Thanks for the post. Kind of fun to consider my options. I voted soap and brush, but I might be better off with brush and cologne. I would find it easier to live with MdC daily than the same cologne.

Soaps and aftershaves. I'd be fine with just 1 straight razor or a good Gillette Tech / my favorite blade.

Nope.

And I don’t have a lot of gear, but I have what I have because either I like it, or it fulfills a purpose. and I’ll rotate what I like as I like.

Top Bottom