What's new

Roselli knife arrived today

So this beauty arrived today in the mail. Haven't tested it yet, but wow this thing is gorgeous. This Roselli Wootz UHC S Hunter knife, long arrived today. 66HRC
Roselli hunter S.jpeg
Roselli Hunter.jpeg
Roselli huntersun.jpeg
Roselli Huntersun1.jpeg
Roselli huntersun2.jpeg

Wow what a Brute AND with the silver trimming, excellent choice!

I only have a tiny Bearclaw but it works like a dream.

View attachment 1483334
Thanks,
That bear claw is a great all around knife though and probably better for fine wood work than my hunter. I was actually surprised how big this one is, but really like it. I couldn't resist the silver trimming and the curly birch stained handle. I have the Roselli long handled axe too and love it. Great products.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yeah that arctic curly birch is an eye catcher. Looks good in almost any form. I have seen it now on knives, guns, pipes, furniture and guitars.

Wow what a Brute AND with the silver trimming, excellent choice!

I only have a tiny Bearclaw but it works like a dream.

View attachment 1483334
I like the big one so much I decided to try a matching smaller one in the regular high carbon steel. On its way from Finland now. It was an exclusive for the site I got it from, but everything is the same as my big one just has the small grandmother blade in the regular high carbon. The whole knife with handle is only as big as just the blade on that big hunter. How do you like the regular high carbon of theirs? I have been very impressed with the axe and knife so far. I don't think you can go wrong with a Roselli really.

I like the big one so much I decided to try a matching smaller one in the regular high carbon steel. On its way from Finland now. It was an exclusive for the site I got it from, but everything is the same as my big one just has the small grandmother blade in the regular high carbon. The whole knife with handle is only as big as just the blade on that big hunter. How do you like the regular high carbon of theirs? I have been very impressed with the axe and knife so far. I don't think you can go wrong with a Roselli really.
I only have the Wootz without the silver trimming but the regular carbon steel is also well over 60 HRC so I wouldn’t worry.

Btw PRM-Trade Oy/Lamnia?

I only have the Wootz without the silver trimming but the regular carbon steel is also well over 60 HRC so I wouldn’t worry.

Btw PRM-Trade Oy/Lamnia?
Ah I guessed wrong from your pic. I thought that was their regular high carbon steel. Nice. Yes even the regular HCS can run up to 63 HRC. I think they just give a range like 59-62 and Roselli just says about 60. I got it from Lamnia. I got both from there. Should have gotten the axe from their too as it would have saved me about $15-20. They seem to have the best prices and anything over $149.99 is free shipping and pretty fast too. I just added a little extra fire starter to get it over for free shipping. Because if I paid the shipping at the lower price it would have cost me the same or more anyway.
This is the one I have on the way. Roselli Grandmother knife LAMNIA EXCLUSIVE R130S | Lamnia - https://www.lamnia.com/en/p/45360/knives/roselli-grandmother-knife-lamnia-exclusive-r130s

Btw PRM-Trade Oy/Lamnia?

Do you know if there is any difference between the bear claw and the Grandmother blade itself? The handles are different, but I think the blades maybe the same. I don't see any difference in the blade size or thickness and the design looks the same too.

Do you know if there is any difference between the bear claw and the Grandmother blade itself? The handles are different, but I think the blades maybe the same. I don't see any difference in the blade size or thickness and the design looks the same too.
2mm according to Lamina

2mm according to Lamina

Interesting Roselli has them as the same. 55m and 3mm Plus Roselli Grandmother knife LAMNIA EXCLUSIVE R130S | Lamnia - https://www.lamnia.com/en/p/45360/knives/roselli-grandmother-knife-lamnia-exclusive-r130s

Roselli Wootz UHC Bearclaw R231 | Lamnia - https://www.lamnia.com/en/p/118/knives/roselli-wootz-uhc-bearclaw-r231

Still different but not as much

Nice, the dangler feels a bit akward initially but it’s great when getting into a car or sitting down in a camp chair.
I feel like it will hold up better over time too. I have an old leather like world war fighting Remington knife with the same style of sheath as the large one from my Grandfather. The leather is almost ripped through on the one side.

2mm according to Lamina

After looking at the Lamnia site and the various bear claws they are all a bit different. From 2.2-2.36 and the Grandmother is 2.2-2.24. This one is right at 2.24

Top Bottom