What's new

Rose scented Cologne / Parfum

These five pretty much covers me for all occasions from daytime knocking around to formal wear evening events.
CartierDeclarationDUnSoirA.jpgAmouageLyricMan.jpgMaisonFrancisKurkdjianLumiereNoireHomme.jpgTomFordNdN2.jpgTauervilleRoseFlash.jpg

I like the older renditions of Hammam Bouquet. Lots of animalics along with good quality rose. It lasts well and evolves over time. The more recent reformulations have lost the essence of the perfume imo. Watery, powdery - inoffensive but uninteresting. Still worth trying. If you can find the old single warrant juice in good condition you will be well rewarded.

I like the older renditions of Hammam Bouquet. Lots of animalics along with good quality rose. It lasts well and evolves over time. The more recent reformulations have lost the essence of the perfume imo. Watery, powdery - inoffensive but uninteresting. Still worth trying. If you can find the old single warrant juice in good condition you will be well rewarded.
I am not sure which version I have. It is definitely not the latest. Luca Turin thought very much as you do.

Van Cleef and Arples Pour Homme is my favorite rose scent. It is spicy, soapy, and quite complex. I believe it to be an amazing bargain. Spectacular longevity so be careful spraying! Works in very formal occasions to casual jeans day.

I remember reading that St Charles Shave had a nice rose-based frag that I kicked myself for never buying once it was too late.
Yes, I think SCS may have had a couple of rose scents. But Sue developed and brought out something of an 88 clone that was nice.

Top Bottom