What's new

Rose(ish) soaps

Paa Tokyo Rose. I can’t explain what other scents are in it, but it’s a unique rose. Lovely smelling and great performer.

Taylor of Old Bond Street has a rose component to it, more so in the cream version but still present in the soap. The Grapefruit cream has a healthy dose of rose to it as well. Rose is nice when expertly blended with other notes!

Just had my first go with Eufros Rosa Oud with the help of what just might be the smoothest efficient razor ever made. The soap is mostly a soft rose. I don't get any oud which was kind of a disappointment. It's still a very nice rose that is not perfumey at all. I suppose the wood in the base is what tones down the perfume aspect that rose can sometimes have. MFK worked quite well with this.
Rosa-oud.jpg

Just had my first go with Eufros Rosa Oud with the help of what just might be the smoothest efficient razor ever made. The soap is mostly a soft rose. I don't get any oud which was kind of a disappointment. It's still a very nice rose that is not perfumey at all. I suppose the wood in the base is what tones down the perfume aspect that rose can sometimes have. MFK worked quite well with this.
View attachment 1550029
What is that razor? Can't identify that handle. The head is super curved and reminds me of the Razorock BBS

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like some of the offerings Cyril R Salter creams have to offer so knowing their Sandal wood is great, so I choose their Wild Rose also to try.
It sure does smell of roses and cream is very soft whipped texture(compared to other tube creams) with a nice reddish rose color. It will not stain your brushes I have found, first time user of Rose scented cream and it is alright. Getting close to that time of the year when roses start to flower so picked some up.
SOTD April 4 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

lasta

Blade Biter
I like some of the offerings Cyril R Salter creams have to offer so knowing their Sandal wood is great, so I choose their Wild Rose also to try.
It sure does smell of roses and cream is very soft whipped texture(compared to other tube creams) with a nice reddish rose color. It will not stain your brushes I have found, first time user of Rose scented cream and it is alright. Getting close to that time of the year when roses start to flower so picked some up.
View attachment 1642653
Have some great shaves!
+1 on the CRS!

Straight up roses, delicious. I find myself gravitating towards simpler fragrances and Wild Rose doesn't disappoint.

But there isn't much in terms of wood/resin to go with it.

CRS rose has a very natural scent. It hits you and then your sense of smell acclimates to it quickly. A&E Amber Rose is very unique and pleasant. LPL Rose is excellent in terms of both scent and performance. It’s a pure rose scent, but stronger than CRS.

Mystic Waters Yellow Rose is a very sweet and natural rose scent. The soap is excellent, but creating a good lather has a bit of a learning curve.

Some people claim that Wholly Kaw King of Oud has a rose scent. I personally don’t get that from it. The scent is way to strong for me and I don’t enjoy directly smelling the soap. Nevertheless, the brush that I use to create the lather smells very nice after it has been rinsed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom