What's new

Rose(ish) soaps

To my nose, the cream version is way more obvious! The Grapefruit cream is wildly rose once lathered up, I donā€™t hear that often but stand by it.
That is absolutely nuts! I have both creams and my ignorant nose never noticed that. Now I'll have to dig both out and see if I can pick up on it. Thanks.
Ā 
CRS rose has a very natural scent. It hits you and then your sense of smell acclimates to it quickly. A&E Amber Rose is very unique and pleasant. LPL Rose is excellent in terms of both scent and performance. Itā€™s a pure rose scent, but stronger than CRS.

Mystic Waters Yellow Rose is a very sweet and natural rose scent. The soap is excellent, but creating a good lather has a bit of a learning curve.

Some people claim that Wholly Kaw King of Oud has a rose scent. I personally donā€™t get that from it. The scent is way to strong for me and I donā€™t enjoy directly smelling the soap. Nevertheless, the brush that I use to create the lather smells very nice after it has been rinsed.
What does CRS stand for?

EDIT: ok I see now CRS= Cyril R. Salter
Ā 
Last edited:
That is absolutely nuts! I have both creams and my ignorant nose never noticed that. Now I'll have to dig both out and see if I can pick up on it. Thanks.

TOBS sandalwood indicates ā€œrock roseā€ in their own scent description but not in the grapefruit, which to my nose just screams rose once itā€™s lathered up. In the tub it smells like pure grapefruit to me!
Ā 
E8B29D36-00CA-4DE1-80A1-A048C7C05711.jpeg
Ā 
Top Bottom