What's new

Rose(ish) soaps

I'm looking for soaps that have an obvious rose note, though not necessarily rose only. I can recommend some nice pure roses like MdC and Soap Commander Love, but I'm looking for rose with other stuff going on like woods or resins. Anybody have some favorites they can recommend?

Here's a recent review of A&E's Amber Rose:

Mike's Natural Soaps Rose, Patchouli, and Cedarwood shaving soap.

It's currently out of stock on Mike's website, but I'm sure it will be back in stock at some point.

Mystic Water Yellow Rose - this is more of a straight rose scent

Grooming Dept has a soap called La Rosa Profunda that is currently stocked by several vendors. This soap is in the Kairos base.

In November, Grooming Dept will be releasing two different rose scented soaps in the DonkeyBase formula. Once called Amber Rose will be exclusive to West Coast Shaving. A bourbon and dark rose scent will be exclusive to The Razor Company.

Pasteur Pharmacy will get an unrelated scent in the DonkeyBase called Edel.

I do not have any of the DonkeyBase soaps in my collection, so I plan to add a couple of the exclusives. I just have not decided which ones I want.

Ariana & Evans also has an Amber Rose scent in their superb Kaizen 2e formula.

Tundra is a good one, though as you say, it's on the subtle side.
Yeah, it's subtle enough that I just pair it with a floral or a woodsy aftershave depending on my mood. Although I have a couple little vials of Bulgarian rose perfume from a trip there many years ago and they pair wonderfully with Tundra Artica.

I just received a jar of Eufros Rosa Oud. Off of the puck it smells of soft rose. We'll see what it's like while shaving. Never tried Eufros.

Here's a recent review of A&E's Amber Rose:
This is one I want to try. Would love to see some more reviews.

Zaharoff Rose shave soap is probably right up your street. I believe it’s a collaboration between Zaharoff and Gentleman’s Nod, so the soap base is top tier. It’s a sophisticated rose cologne fragrance, not straight rose, but recognisably a rose scent and not too perfumey.
Yeah. It’s the best rose scent ever crafted. No doubt in my mind. My wife likes it too.

Zaharoff Rose shave soap is probably right up your street. I believe it’s a collaboration between Zaharoff and Gentleman’s Nod, so the soap base is top tier. It’s a sophisticated rose cologne fragrance, not straight rose, but recognisably a rose scent and not too perfumey.
This looks interesting. The reviews I've found on Gentleman's Nod seem pretty mixed though. Never tried it myself.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It is not released yet, but I saw that Sir Henry's is about to launch "Kentucky Rain," an homage to the Bluegrass State. Pre-launch description says it incorporates "the Run for the Roses, the Bourbon the state is known for, the leather of a saddle."
Ooooo......this needs to be an aftershave as well!

Top Bottom