What's new

rose cream

Sadly I am allergic to Rose. I loved the way the TOBS Rose smelled and the lather was amazing. But...it resulted in a nasty rash that made my face feel like it was on fire. :mad:

For me, the Taylors has a slight edge over T&H. But they are both really great creams.

+1 from me. In general I much prefer T&H creams but in this case I would take the TOBS. It smells so much like an actual English rose it's unbelievable!

Plus it's less than half the price of the T&H.

Sadly I am allergic to Rose. I loved the way the TOBS Rose smelled and the lather was amazing. But...it resulted in a nasty rash that made my face feel like it was on fire. :mad:

I hear you. Luckily Tobs Rose is fine for me, but T&H lavender was a BAD experience, same thing with 1805. And the burn that Proraso left me with was in a league of its own :eek:

While I love some Truefitt creams, Taylors wins the rose contest. Its great stuff and I agree with the first replies.

Last edited:
I only just bought some TOBS rose - you wont be dissapointed with this one :)

great scent & lathers like noone's business!

Gentlemen,

If I may add my two cents: I find both Trumper's and Taylor's rose shave creams fabulous. Taylor's, however, cost less. Just to fair to myself, though, regardless of price, I use both in rotation with other soaps and creams. Why deprive myself from some of life's greatest pleasures? After all, a great shave is right up there. Don't you gentlemen agree?

By the way, I have never tried Truefitt & Hill's rose, although their scentless shave cream helps give an incredibly smooth shaves.

The Brits, I must say, are the masters at shaving. Almost every product they make, from razors to shave creams and aftershaves sings of quality. This is all top-of-the-line stuff.

Obelit

I find the tobs rose has a scent much closer to that of a real rose definitely not to sweet a scent and leaves my face feeling great afterwards.

I think TOBS rose is one of the best creams out there. I have tried the T&H, but prefer TOBS. The fact that TOBS costs less is just a nice little bonus. If they cost exactly the same, I would still buy the TOBS rose.

Last edited:
I have and use the TOBS rose, and it's fine- smells like a sweet rose scent, not overbearing at all to me. I had the opportunity to smell the T&H recently, although there was no way I was coughing up $30 a tub for it. That is to say, I've never shaved with it. My impression was that the T&H scent smelled much more like rose EO, or the 'rose otto' EO at the local health food store anyway. Both smell great, kinda subdued scents, I suppose it's down to precisely what you want a 'rose' scent to smell like. I kinda find the TOBS rose scent wanting in some way- I would lean more towards the T&H if money was no object, but it is for me, so Taylor's will do just fine.

I have not tried the T&H, but the TOBS seems like a no-brainer considering it smells and performs fantastically at an amazing price.

Top Bottom