What's new

Rose aftershave?

I am looking for a good, authentic, strong rose aftershave. I have strong likes and dislikes which might help. Can't stand drugstore AS. Thayer's Rose WH has an unbearable undertone aroma, as does Florida Water. D. R. Harris Pink is nice, but very weak: no strong smell, no burn. Three AS I love: RazoRock Don Marco, Speick, and Fine Italian Citrus.

Thanks.

Rose is not renowned for strength. However, I am sure some of the mentioned above are in the rose scent family and may provide that punch. I have only used rose water and it is a fleeting scent providing wonderful 'toning'. It does not get a great deal of press on the boards, but I recommend every wet shave that enjoys rose try this. I am not sure it is the best in the world as claimed, but it is a delight to this wet shaver.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try rose water. I do use and love GFT Coral Skin Food, but it's not quite an aftershave.

St. Charles Shave has a "Savory Rose" aftershave with an excellent scent; it's the TOBS or Cyril Salter sort of rose rather than, say, the heavier-seeming rose of Mike's Rose & Cedarwood. It leaves my face sticky though, which I strongly dislike.

The Myrsol Plastic is not a true rose; I used a partial bottle a few years back. Didn't finish it, wouldn't rebuy it. It was the only Myrsol scent I disliked; I would describe it as "vaguely roseish mixed with something unpleasant."

The GFT coral "skin food" has a good rose scent, but it's a balm with no burn whatsoever.

One of my current favorites is Feana. A rose scented AS made in Greece. I got mine from Gifts&Care, no idea if it's available in the US.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

if you're looking for something strong, you'll probably best enjoy a cologne, such as C&S #88, as mentioned above.
no reason it can't be used as an aftershave, perhaps in tandem with DRH pink or such.

Top Bottom