What's new

Rosacea suggestions?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I’m no doctor but I do have hereditary red patchy skin on my forehead and upper cheeks. What’s helped the most is a good balm, L’Occitane Cade for example, rubbed in well. Another class of product that’s helped is a good pre-shave, the not glycerin based stuff. Like the ABC or Santa Maria Novella pre-shaves, rubbed in well. Note that when these products worked on my upper cheeks, I tested them on my forehead and they worked as well there. And no, I do not shave my forehead lol.

My doctor said that it looked like rosacea, but couldn’t be sure without tests. My insurance wouldn’t cover that since they deemed it a cosmetic condition, and they were correct. So I started looking for cosmetic solutions and found some that worked as well as $300 medical products.

I’m of English extraction on my dad’s side and many of the fellows had milky white skin with red patches, which is what I have minus the milk white skin. I had an uncle whose nickname was ‘red’ because of it. Anyway, a good pre-shave and balm works on it for me. YMMV of course, hut these are pretty cheap and things to try with little or no downsides to them.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I vote for a trip to the dermatologist for regular checkups. Mine gave me a rosacea prescription, and it fixed it in a day.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I vote for a trip to the dermatologist for regular checkups. Mine gave me a rosacea prescription, and it fixed it in a day.
This.
We're a gentlemans forum discussing our favorite razors, wines, pipes, cigars and Scotch.
Advice on this subject should only be coming from a medical professional.
Our members here agree with the Terms of Use which says we don't give medical advice.
You have no idea if the answers here are good or not.
You have as much chance of the solutions provided here making it worse as you do making it better.

Top Bottom