What's new

Rosacea Sufferers

Still unable to apply any Selsun to my face today as my skin still isn't back to normal yet.
My cheeks are slightly pink & the skin is a little dry. I'm reluctant to add any balm/moisturiser or anything to my face. Best to let it get back to normal on its own.

Still unable to apply any Selsun to my face today as my skin still isn't back to normal yet.
My cheeks are slightly pink & the skin is a little dry. I'm reluctant to add any balm/moisturiser or anything to my face. Best to let it get back to normal on its own.

I won't try to tell you it's working for you as only you will know. I will say that the first day I used it my face was red the rest of the day, it stung like crazy but the next day it was much better. Just a slight sting and from there I have not had it come back. I was not surprised as the script stuff i use (not script here), which is fluocinonide, makes my fave VERY red the first day (along with a potent sting) and it flakes the next day. It does it every time I use it the first application if there is a space since the last.

So it very well may not work for everyone, it should work for some though as it works very well for myself and my great aunt. I still have no trace of it and not even a slight sting. It's rare as this time of year I have to use the fluocinonide about every day. This is the only script stuff i have used that worked also.

Either way good luck.

I have occasional flare ups of rosacea on my cheeks and forehead. This generally starts after a flare up of dandruff when my dandruff shampoo seems to stop working. I have always alternated shampoos but it seems sooner or later the rosacea and dandruff reappear. That happened just before my last doctors visit. He noticed the redness and suggest putting (gulp) vagina gel on it. It worked, almost immediately. It has metronidazole in it which, I guess, is the active ingredient. Now if I can only stop touching my face (I kid, I kid but it does work at least for minor flare ups).

Top Bottom