What's new

Rooney Silvertip Pics/Review.....

Charley Schneider said:
...I am most grateful for all the help you all bestowed on me, I really do appreciate all the response...
But I do apologize for almost sparking a riot here, I just recently joined Badger & Blade and didn't mean to ruffle any feathers or start a controversy here.
...Man if we discussed Politics with this much enthusiasm we might have some Badger & Blade Members running Washington...

Charley,

Answering questions is what we do... well, it is what we do when we aren't asking questions... and if you stick around in a couple of months it will be you that is answering questions being posed by people who haven't joined yet. As for causing a conrovrsy, I would say don't worry about that. IMHO I don't think that any feathers were ruffled here (and if so, not many feathers were ruffled). In time you will learn that most B&B'ers have pretty thick skin, so to speak. And politics... while some of us choose not to talk politics/religion/etc some of us do and such topics do come up from time to time. The discussions are usually very well thought out and pollite. Again, if you stick around you are bound to find some political discussions.

Thanks NMMB for your input, I'm enjoying this website more than any other I've been on including some of the motorcycle sites I frequent being a bike owner...:biggrin:

NMMB said:
I'm afraid that I don't understand what you are trying to convey here. Perhaps you could be more clear...

Are you trying to say that "silvertip" is inferior to "super"? If so, I think that Peter has made it clear that this is the case with Rooney (a brand which you stock and are apparently familiar with) but this would be incorrect for other brands, such as Vulfix (a brand that you do not stock and apparently know little about). As peter mentioned, the nomenclature of hair grades is specific to the brush manufacturer.

I hope that I do not appear rude in saying this, but it would serve you well to carefully consider what you say here at B&B. When you make blanket-statements that are only true in some instances (here it is correct for the brand of brush that you stock but untrue for other brands) you appear to be ill-informed. When you do so very forcefully, as you have in this thread ("take it from some one who makes brushes"), you not only appear to be ill-informed, but also to be poorly written and ill-mannered. When you post here you are representing a business and I'm certain that you don't want the posts to reflect poorly upon the business (in fact, many of your posts appear to be sales pitches so I would think that you are really trying to use B&B as a means by which to advertise your products). However, when the posts are poorly written, aggressive half-truths it does indeed reflect very poorly upon your business. If I make an *** of myself here it impacts only me as I represent only myself here... it would appear, however, that you do not have that luxury and therefore need to be extra careful/thoughtful about your posts.
We were only talking about the Rooney brand not other brushes like Vulfix London Shaving Co Cyril R. Salter and others we are only here to help you not to sell to you. If you want to buy that is up to you we are sorry if we have come a cross like this as that is not how we want to come across. Who ever wrote this will be disciplined and taught about the right variations within brands
From
C .M. Emery

tonesbarbershop.co.uk said:
We were only talking about the Rooney brand not other brushes like Vulfix London Shaving Co Cyril R. Salter and others we are only here to help you not to sell to you. If you want to buy that is up to you we are sorry if we have come a cross like this as that is not how we want to come across...
From
C .M. Emery
Thank you for the clarification C.M.

You need to be aware that our membership collectively carries a great deal of knowledge, experience and expertise in this obsession called wet shaving. It would be beneficial for your staff to peruse past threads and become acquainted with what the members you are conversing with bring to the table.

Have a good one. :smile:

Rik said:

You need to be aware that our membership collectively carries a great deal of knowledge, experience and expertise in this obsession called wet shaving. It would be beneficial for your staff to peruse past threads and become acquainted with what the members you are conversing with bring to the table.

Thank you From Tom

Rik said:

Well put, Rik.

NMMB said:
IMHO I don't think that any feathers were ruffled here (and if so, not many feathers were ruffled).

No, but a lot of badger hair was ruffled. :w00t: Mostly by sam comparing his brushes....

Charley,

Seriously though, always feel free to ask the interesting questions. I for one am glad you asked this one, because I too was starting to suffer confusion on the grading of the hair from various makers....

Despite who designates what as what...after owning a "pure", "best" & "white-tip" brushes from Vulfix, Savile Row & Muhel Pinsel (in no particular order). I find them all to be of excellent quality & mostly perform equally well. The weird thing is, I constantly find myself going back to my "pure" because it performs as well as the others, but I love the scrubbing feel of it. (It's also the most densly packed brush of them all...bonus points for guessing the maker).

jmhAZ said:
I'm going with MP. The dense knot sound lie a SR but I'm not sure they offer a Best.
cheers,
Jeff

The SR I have is the Kent version (in best) but the densest knot is on my Vulfix #18 in Pure. The MP has a more "lightbulb" build (& is plenty dense), but all are excellent in their own way.

Kalypso said:
The SR I have is the Kent version (in best)

I have it on good authority that the Kent best brushes aren't the same as the SR brushes. The handle is the same design, that's all apparently.

Jonnybc said:
I have it on good authority that the Kent best brushes aren't the same as the SR brushes. The handle is the same design, that's all apparently.
How about from the horse's mouth (Both Kents and Savile Rows)? The answer is ... No, Kent has not made Savile Row brushes.:mad3:

guenron said:
How about from the horse's mouth (Both Kents and Savile Rows)? The answer is ... No, Kent has not made Savile Row brushes.:mad3:

Your's was the good authority I was talking about Ron, I never knew you had a horses mouth! :biggrin:

Taking the topic back to the Rooney Silvertip for a second, I had one once. Then some low level piece of detritus stole it from a hotel room :frown: Let that be a lesson to everyone, even a used Rooney is obviously a highly desirable item.

Jonnybc said:
Your's was the good authority I was talking about Ron, I never knew you had a horses mouth! :biggrin:
John,
Steve (Kent's Rep) and an unnamed source (at the highest echelon of the Savile Row hierarchy) have stated unequivocally that the SR tortoises were not made by Kent.
As to horses anatomy, on occassion some have compared certain parts to those of a horse, but none at either end of the alimentary canal.:lol:

Top Bottom