What's new

Rooney, Savile Row, Tweezerman comparison

Hi Max,

Interesting, I have used Rooneys from multiple sources (including Vintageblades), and have never experienced the Super or Silvertip to have scratchy tips. You can get a good scrubbing going due to the firmness, but I've never noticed the tips themselves to be scratchy at all, and I'm very sensitive to it.

Now the Finest hair can be a bit scritchy for sure.

The SR3118 was much softer feeling in terms of backbone, that I will agree with. The Rooney Supers/Silvertips I have used had very soft tips, but still good backbone/density.

Regards.

J

+1 on the description of the Rooney Silver/Super hair. My #1 large has very soft tips with resilant shafts - a great combination.

In my view, the Rooneys in the Silver/Super hair are some of the best values out there in terms of a brush with soft tips/good backbone and very dense knots.

Nice pics, I own a shavemac and I'm tempted to get myself a rooney or a simpson so the pics of the rooney have helped out

Cheers,

Nice pics, I own a shavemac and I'm tempted to get myself a rooney or a simpson so the pics of the rooney have helped out

Cheers,

Both are excellent choices - especially if you're looking for a good brush for soaps and/or face-lathering.

I'm looking for a smaller knot than I have on the two brushes I own now, a shavemac 44140 and th B&B limited in finest silvertip horn handle. I have just recently moved from using a bowl for soaps into face lathering as I feel it gives me better lubrication. Sorry for hijacking the thread a little but any advice is helpful advice.

I'm looking for a smaller knot than I have on the two brushes I own now, a shavemac 44140 and th B&B limited in finest silvertip horn handle. I have just recently moved from using a bowl for soaps into face lathering as I feel it gives me better lubrication. Sorry for hijacking the thread a little but any advice is helpful advice.

Rooney #1 small or #3 small (if you want a longer handle) in super silvertip (vintagebladesllc.com) or Duke 2 in best (leesrazors.com - but make sure you send Lee a note or give him a call for the "special" B&B member pricing). In my view, Rooney 1/1 or Duke 2 are optimized for soaps/face lathering. The Rooney is slightly denser and softer at the tips than the Duke in best - but both are great. (FWIW, I have the Rooney 1 in large (26mm), and its a little big for face lathering, but I still think it does a great job, which is why I consistently recommend the same brush in a smaller size for this purpose.

The rooney #1 looks like a nice choice to me, I shall have to sell some more things before I can justifty it however. This shaving thing is getting so much I'm contemplating putting my '67 les paul or JCM2000 on the 'bay!

Cheers,

I'm already looking at a custom made shavemac! and I have a tabac on it's way! :tongue_sm :biggrin: :smile:

But like my wife told me yesterday... I'm happy you're spending your money in wet shaving and collecting shaving supplies and not in collecting guns... (which I do too but stopped buying a long time ago).. Wet shaving is way cheaper! hahaha

Luckily my wife still likes guns :001_smile
Sure they cost a lot, but they hold their value better than soap :wink: - and talk about useful! I could live without shaving - I might not be able to do that defenseless! My number one job around here is "protector and provider" - shaving, not so much. :001_smile I sure like improving it though! :tongue:

Austin

Luckily my wife still likes guns :001_smile
Sure they cost a lot, but they hold their value better than soap :wink: -
Austin

Yeah, tell me about it. On top of that I told her that when I go to the range I spend nearly as much on ammo as I would when buying a simpson. :001_smile

I got her a baby glock a while back but now I had to buy her a shaving brush and razor since she started eyeballing my collection! :biggrin:

Top Bottom