What's new

Rooney or Shavemac

Rooney style 2/1 small in pure or super vs Shavemac 944 or 501. For use with cream and face and or head lathering. Goal, which brush feels the firmest over the course of your shave. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Kind regards,

Rooney style 2/1 small in pure or super vs Shavemac 944 or 501. For use with cream and face and or head lathering. Goal, which brush feels the firmest over the course of your shave. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Kind regards,

I have both a Rooney 2/1 Super and a Shavemac 501 Finest. My opinion is that the Rooney splays less and in that sense may be firmer. :001_smile

I have both a Rooney 2/1 Super and a Shavemac 501 Finest. My opinion is that the Rooney splays less and in that sense may be firmer. :001_smile

+1, and the 2, 1 is an esthetically beautiful brush. The SUper badger has very resilient bristles, very little splay and is soft compared to the Finest, which is scritchy but very firm.

to the OP:
I had the same struggle a month ago over Rooney and Shavemac. I came to the conclusion that both are excellent brushes. For me, it came down to either a British fan shape or European bulb style. I ended up buying the Shavemac. The other deciding factor was the plethora of handle options on the Shavemacs. Rooneys are very sweet looking too however, and there is something to be said for English tradition.

Guess I'll need to get a Rooney soon eh?

The quality of Rooney brushes is exceptional. Mine has never shed a much as 1 hair.

Agreed. Mine has shed only a few.

My Shavemac on the other hand sheds about 5-10 bristles every time I use it, and it's only about 10 months old!

Top Bottom