What's new

Rooney "Foxhunt" restore

linty1

My wallet cries.
I just got a notice that mine's "out for delivery" today, I'll post photos if it arrives. It seems lofted quite high (without room for deeper due to it being ceramic).

linty1

My wallet cries.
Speaking of, it arrived today:

7D88F496-280D-4F48-8689-06E69E27DCD0.jpeg

It doesn't look? too gnarly? I will try and lather/shave with it before deciding if I will reknot it... if it even survives the cleaning phase. It does seems like a nice and solid handle.

I have the same ceramic Rooney brush in cobalt blue. I was thinking of tossing the brush
as I bought the whole set for the vintage tallow soap. The soap, soap dish, twin-blade razor handle
and brush went for $5 in 2020. There is a similar set to mine now up for auction for much, much more...
(this pic shows the current set up for auction)

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 3.02.17 PM.png

linty1

My wallet cries.
I have the same ceramic Rooney brush in cobalt blue. I was thinking of tossing the brush
as I bought the whole set for the vintage tallow soap. The soap, soap dish, twin-blade razor handle
and brush went for $5 in 2020. There is a similar set to mine now up for auction for much, much more...
(this pic shows the current set up for auction)

View attachment 1437864

That's a beautiful set there! And you are right, although I will say that prices are a bit all over the map if you sit on it/wait/watch a bit, sometimes they go for over $200-$400cad, and sometimes you'll find it sub $100 (in fact there was a wood set that was a low price), but the one above is quite handsome. I want a ceramic coffret, but I have eyes for another design/brand.

That's a beautiful set there! And you are right, although I will say that prices are a bit all over the map if you sit on it/wait/watch a bit, sometimes they go for over $200-$400cad, and sometimes you'll find it sub $100 (in fact there was a wood set that was a low price), but the one above is quite handsome. I want a ceramic coffret, but I have eyes for another design/brand.
I have seen the Foxhunt set for as low as $50 with the box. Most of those sets on eBay going for $100-$200 have been sitting there for at least two years (I have been watching). I actually found the wood set in Japan recently for $20. The rumor is that the soap is Yardley's. Mine performed spectacularly...tallow-rich goodness.

Top Bottom