What's new

Rooney Finest Available Again!

*** Update...Rooney 1/1 in Finest all gone. I am told by the vendors that it is unlikely that more Finest brushes will be available in the future due to sourcing issues of the rare badger hair. :crying: ***

I just wanted to let anyone who has been looking for the Rooney 1/1 or 1/2 in Finest be aware that it is back in stock at Classic Shaving and Vintage Blades. I understand that availability will be sparse or non-existent in the future so I wanted to give the heads up. (No affiliation with the vendors.)

Happy New Year B&B!

Last edited:
I just wanted to let anyone who has been looking for the Rooney 1/1 or 1/2 in Finest be aware that it is back in stock at Classic Shaving and Vintage Blades. The 1/1 at Classic Shaving in Ivory and the 1/2 at Vintage Blades in Ivory, Ebony and Imitation Horn. I understand that availability will be sparse or non-existent in the future so I wanted to give the heads up.

Happy New Year B&B!

Available again? Was the 1/2 at VB ever out of stock? VB also has 3/2 and 3/3 Finest in stock.

Available again? Was the 1/2 at VB ever out of stock? VB also has 3/2 and 3/3 Finest in stock.

The 1/2 Finest at VB was very low in stock...I got mine about two months ago(?), and Ebony was the only color available, which is cool with me, because it was what I wanted (I sorta wanted a 1/1, but did the math, and the size of the 1/2 was just fine...a tad big, but that just means there's more to love, lol).

Last edited:
I thought I missed my chance to get the 1/1 in finest so when i saw it was available again I thought I'd post it as a courtesy to other members of the B&B.

I thought I missed my chance to get the 1/1 in finest so when i saw it was available again I thought I'd post it as a courtesy to other members of the B&B.

I think my post was misinterpreted. I was really asking an honest question - if something had changed with the stock of Finest brushes at VB. Sorry if it came across wrong. Here's to a year filled with Finest badger!

It seems that Vintage Blades is out of them again. Classic Shaving has a few, but I really wanted the 1/1 finest in black. I guess beggars cannot be choosers.

Perhaps my post was also misinterpreted, and now removed :ohmy: I simply pointed out that within hours of the original posting there were no 1/1 Finest brushes listed on VB and that the 1/2 seemed to be present regularly up to and including the posting. Maybe I missed something:001_huh:If they are present at this time that is certainly good fortune for those in need :001_tt1:

I think my post was misinterpreted. I was really asking an honest question - if something had changed with the stock of Finest brushes at VB. Sorry if it came across wrong. Here's to a year filled with Finest badger!

Just to clarify, the Rooney Finest grade is no longer available in new production brushes. Any brushes remaining in the supply chain are from lots produced in late 2007 or the very early part of 2008.

Lee Sabini, the owner of Rooney, made the decision not to use a lesser grade of hair in brushes designated as "Rooney's Finest" to keep the line in production. As most of us are aware, the sourcing of the very top grades of badger hair has been extremely difficult for all the brush manufacturers of late. So, until such time as a grade of hair becomes available in sufficient quantity to reintroduce the Rooney Finest, this grade will not be in production.

Jim, thanks for the clarification. I'm thrilled to have my "vintage" 3/2 Finest! :biggrin1:

Just to clarify, the Rooney Finest grade is no longer available in new production brushes. Any brushes remaining in the supply chain are from lots produced in late 2007 or the very early part of 2008.

Lee Sabini, the owner of Rooney, made the decision not to use a lesser grade of hair in brushes designated as "Rooney's Finest" to keep the line in production. As most of us are aware, the sourcing of the very top grades of badger hair has been extremely difficult for all the brush manufacturers of late. So, until such time as a grade of hair becomes available in sufficient quantity to reintroduce the Rooney Finest, this grade will not be in production.

Top Bottom