What's new

Rooney Brushes Now at Vintage Blades

Vintage Blades is pleased to announce that we are now an authorized distributor of R.A. Rooney shaving brushes. We will stock all styles and sizes of Rooney brushes in the Pure, Super, and Finest grades of badger. All brushes will be available in faux Ivory and many will also be available in faux Ebony and Horn.

As with our earlier Shavemac introduction, we will offer Free Shipping on any order of a Rooney brush through February 15, 2007. Enter the Coupon Code ROONEY upon completion of your order and prior to checkout. You may add additional products to your order and still receive free shipping on your total order.

A Special Note to Our Canadian Members: Given the significance of this distribution agreement to our company, we will also be accepting orders from Canada. However, we are not able, given our limited staff, to handle other international orders at this time. Since our online ordering system is not equipped to process orders for delivery outside the US, it will be necessary to either call or email us with your order (email is preferred). Specifics on the details, and limitations, of this offer will follow in a separate post below.

Note: Due to a slight shipping delay out of the UK, we did not have time to photograph the brushes for the site prior to our departure for a show this weekend. We will correct this early next week.

Over the last several weeks, we have gotten numerous emails asking us if we would ship to Canada. Well now we are. However, our shipments will be limited to what will fit in the USPS Global Priority Mail box. It will hold up to 4 pounds, but it is only 12" x 9" x 2.3" in size. The service is quick - 3 to 4 days - and the cost is fairly low. The cost is in 1/2 pound increments - 1 lb @ $8.50, 1.5 @ $9.50, 2 @ $11.50, 2.5 @ $12.75, 3 @ $14.75 and so on.

If you so desire, you may add other items to your order of a Rooney brush, given the size and weight limitations of the box. However, to make this offer comparable to the offer available to US customers, we will only cover the shipping cost for up to 1.5 pounds, or $9.50.

As stated in the prior post, our online ordering system is not equipped to process orders for delivery outside the US. You will have to either call or email us with your order (email is preferred). Contact information can be found on the “Contact Us” page of our site. Some items may be deemed by us as unsuitable for shipment as part of this offer; for example, any liquid products such as aftershaves or colognes.

A Special Note to Our Canadian Members: We have recently upgraded our online ordering system so that it can now accept your orders. We have also revised our offer of Free Shipping for you as well.

Our standard charge for shipments to Canada, apart from this special Rooney brush offer, is a Flat Fee of $12.50 per order. However, the offer of free shipping to Canada with the order of a Rooney brush is the same as stated in the above post for our customer in the US. Use the Coupon Code ROONEY and the full $12.50 shipping fee will be waived.

I must apologize for the delay, but I finally have the pictures of the Rooney brushes posted on the site. Well, not all, a couple sold out before I could get a picture and a few are still due in. However, another shipment is scheduled to arrive the first week of January. Thank you for your patience.

We finally have all Styles and Sizes of our Rooney line in stock, including many in faux Ebony and Horn. The offer of Free Shipping to our members in both the USA and Canada continues through February 15th.

Yes, much to the dismay of our Canadian member, in early 2009 we stopped shipping to Canada. You now have a number of fine Canadian retailers that we not on the scene when we started our Canadian shipping program; and candidly we just were no longer getting sufficient volume from Canada to support our agreement with UPS for our program with them. Given, the strong push back from everyone to use the postal service, which we were not going to do, we just decided to become another "US centric retailer". I am sorry that we are unable to meet your needs.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Yes, much to the dismay of our Canadian member, in early 2009 we stopped shipping to Canada. You now have a number of fine Canadian retailers that we not on the scene when we started our Canadian shipping program; and candidly we just were no longer getting sufficient volume from Canada to support our agreement with UPS for our program with them. Given, the strong push back from everyone to use the postal service, which we were not going to do, we just decided to become another "US centric retailer". I am sorry that we are unable to meet your needs.

As much as I enjoyed shopping with Jim, it's fair to say that Canadian shoppers have a lot more options now, and a lot more available products north of 49, than we did just a few years ago. And there are some US sellers who ship north of the border (Westcoast shaving, classicshaving and QED spring to mind, and there are others) as well, so it's easy for Canadians to get just about anything we want to.

Some of the stuff Jim sells I've not seen elsewhere, but I'll survive. If the border issues make it unprofitable for Jim or anyone else to ship to Canada, that's unfortunate but I can understand why he'd not want to go through with those headaches ... I can't expect him to subsidise my shaving geekery, after all. :001_rolle

Best of luck going forward, Jim! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom