What's new

Rooney Beauties: "Special" Faux Tortoise Handle

Those are beautiful brushes you got there Christian. I am currently looking at a Rooney 1:2 in faux ivory for my birthday. I may change my mind now!

Gary, the ivory is a classic and classy handle, but the tortoise is just plain gorgeous and I had to have them! Whatever you go with I'm sure you'll be satisfied. I actually bought these two as a birthday gift to myself, definitely satisfying :thumbup:

Updated with bloom pics. Not a huge bloom (yet) but even softer than when they arrived (hard to believe in itself, they were soft from the get-go) and all the more luxurious for it.

Rooney Beauties, chillin' at the breakfast table.

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Hey girls.

Backsides.

Lush.

Top down.

Comparison.

Super in the bowl

Wet super on a puck of Mama Bears

Meant to take pics mid-lather, got carried away in the shave and forgot to pick up the camera again :redface: Here's my SOTD instead, which gives some idea of the postlather look.

This post sold me one of these. Well, I intended to get a 3/1 but would up with an Emillion. <G> Only regret is that the tortoise with the tortoise stands look great. But so does my faux horn with the gold stand - and the faux horn and my 4-day-old Dirty Bird scuttle go together like they were made to!

Jim was a great pleasure to deal with. Actually the first person I've 'spoken' to (versus the boards) about shaving since I started with a brush & DE.

This post sold me one of these. Well, I intended to get a 3/1 but would up with an Emillion. <G> Only regret is that the tortoise with the tortoise stands look great. But so does my faux horn with the gold stand - and the faux horn and my 4-day-old Dirty Bird scuttle go together like they were made to!

Jim was a great pleasure to deal with. Actually the first person I've 'spoken' to (versus the boards) about shaving since I started with a brush & DE.

I really like the tortoise and the 2/1 faux horn in Super, but without having 1 of each in my hand to compare, I keep postponing my purchase.

Those are some really nice Rooney's. I think those are the first tortis-shell brushes that I've seen. Very nice! :001_smile

Top Bottom