What's new

Rooney 3/1: You're gonna need a bigger bowl

I bought a Rooney 3/1 super (ebony with the old logo too) on the BST the other day, and it got here this afternoon. I tried it out with a superlather of VDH deluxe and Proraso, and wow. Just wow. I was previously using a VDH brush, and was shocked at how much lather I produced, and how quickly. With just a few spins in the mug (its more of a chalice really) there was lather everywhere-in the brush, all over the cup, and over the edge. All I could think was "I'm gonna need a bigger bowl," a la Chief Brody in Jaws. So far it seems like a fantastic performer and I think I made a great choice with the 3/1.

Going to the Rooney from the VDH is like going from the Lada straight to the Lexus :) And Proraso is the right soap to do it with! Congrats on a great brush!

My 3/1 tops my list right now, although my new Rudy Vey has been giving it a run for it's money. I could never see myself getting rid of it, except possibly for a 3/2.

The 3/1 knot size keeps it out of my regular rotation since I prefer slightly larger knots now...it's an amazing brush though! I did try a 3/2, unfortunatley not the finest since I could not find one and found the regular 3/2 bloom to get quite unwieldy with no backbone...so passed it on...

The 3/1 knot size keeps it out of my regular rotation since I prefer slightly larger knots now...it's an amazing brush though! I did try a 3/2, unfortunatley not the finest since I could not find one and found the regular 3/2 bloom to get quite unwieldy with no backbone...so passed it on...

Easy solution, Sameer.... Gotta find you a 3/2 Finest:thumbup:

Someone out there has one for you!

Ken

Top Bottom