What's new

RookieGuy Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Member Interviews - Meet member RookieGuy

129218.png

@RookieGuy has been a member of B&B since Jan 19, 2020

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I came here a couple years ago. I had a safety razor from AoS many years ago, which I lost. So looking to get back into wet shaving, Google U kept referring me to threads here. The more I read, the more I liked it. All viewpoints held equal weight, no ganging up on the different opinions. Everyone was so ready and willing to share knowledge and help each other. As I stayed, I found other subforums. Those same great people in a tighter knit group (with wet shaving and even more obscure ways of doing things, like smoking pipes).

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

My business cards say I'm a fleet manager for a local plumbing company. But in reality, running the day to day warehousing takes up much more of my time.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

Oh, that's a hard question. I'm from the Mid Atlantic, so it's easy to say that. 4 seasons and varied terrain and landscapes along with the oodles of history! But my family is all from Massachusetts (growing up our dog said bahk bahk). And, you know, it really does look like the postcards! The Midwest had a bleak beauty that is absolutely stunning. Not to mention the friendliest people as a whole I have ever met in this country. So, really, I haven't been anywhere in the Untied States that wasn't my favorite.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I would move to the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia today if it weren't for the school age children.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

I enjoy reading, hiking, fishing, and my motorcycle. I'm slowly building my workshop back in my garage. And my aquarium is doing very nicely.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

Scruffy! His one liners were the best in Futurama. Plus being a bearded guy on a wet shaving forum, it seemed to fit.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

John Muir. His work, and the passion he had for it inspires me.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

So many things. I've never hiked the Appalachian Trail. There's 45 more States my motorcycle and I haven't seen together. I've never seen the Southern Cross.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

I guess my military service. I was part of a group that not once (Kosovo) but twice (Iraq) rolled in, took the power from dictators abusing their people, and gave that power back to the people. To develop that kind of relationship, kinship, in some ways Max and Brawley were closer to me than my wife.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Don't be a jerk. It serves no purpose at all in life. You know what being a jerk is without anyone telling you. Just don't do it.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

Telepathy. But only if I can use it for general mischief.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

No doubt, a dog in a good family.

13. What kind of music do you like?

Rock, blues, jazz, some classical, folk. Mostly good music.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Thomas "Boats" Gilhooley in Donavan's Reef.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

The Semi True Life and Times of Rookie.

Rare to see a Donovans Reef reference these days. My local CBS affiliate use to always play that for the late show Christmas y

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Good to know you better, @RookieGuy !

I'm glad you cain't read my mind, because I'm more than a little upset you chose that Muir fella over me, because I take pictures and once drank him under the table. True story doggone!

Top Bottom