What's new

Ron......you're right!

As Ron mentioned in an earlier post, a great time was had by all at the Central Oklahoma shave-in and breakfast meeting. The key outcome for me was being introduced to Trumper's hard shaving soaps. I've been using mostly creams because I felt like I could got a richer, more efficacious lather from them vs the hard soap I've tried in the past. After a brief presentation and tutorial from Ron, and the purchase of a wooden bowl filled with Trumper's violet soap, I was set for this morning's shave.

I must say, following the instructions provided, it produced a rich, slick, wonderful lather on par with my creams!! I had plenty of lather for my four passes and a little blade buff at the end. I'll now be working soaps into my rotation as well and am currently looking for more cabinet space in the shaving room (commonly called bathroom by some).

The presentation of the five fragrance houses was tremendous and filled out my Christmas wish list. We'll be electing officers next meeting so join us if you can!!

Jerry

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. Now you've gone and done it. We shall never hear the end of it. No good can come of it I'm sure. Whatever shall we do? Doomed, doomed I say. A travesty! What I'm I referring to? Why, publicly telling Ron he's right of course. :scared: I'm telling you there will be repercussions. Remember you've been forewarned. Of course I'm kidding. Oh and Ron... :001_tt2:

We'll let it slide...this time. :wink:

Now the only question remaining is: will we receive a tongue lashing in English, German, or Dutch? :biggrin:

DoubleE said:
As Ron mentioned in an earlier post, a great time was had by all at the Central Oklahoma shave-in and breakfast meeting. The key outcome for me was being introduced to Trumper's hard shaving soaps. I've been using mostly creams because I felt like I could got a richer, more efficacious lather from them vs the hard soap I've tried in the past. After a brief presentation and tutorial from Ron, and the purchase of a wooden bowl filled with Trumper's violet soap, I was set for this morning's shave.

I must say, following the instructions provided, it produced a rich, slick, wonderful lather on par with my creams!! I had plenty of lather for my four passes and a little blade buff at the end. I'll now be working soaps into my rotation as well and am currently looking for more cabinet space in the shaving room (commonly called bathroom by some).

The presentation of the five fragrance houses was tremendous and filled out my Christmas wish list. We'll be electing officers next meeting so join us if you can!!

Jerry
Jerry,
I apologize for threadnapping your post just to fullfill my sadistic need to beat up Ron and learn about MTSSB's budding musical talent.

I'll have to give the hard shaving soaps a go. I've been pretty sheltered in that I am extremely well stocked with Charles' creations. Were you happy with the bowl it came in? I've read conflicting reports.

Did you have access to five fragrance houses or were they smuggled in? One fragrance house is a guaranteed olphactory overload for me.

I'm glad to hear the shave-in breakfast was such a success!

I sincerly hope that innocent whipped cream was not harmed during this meeting? I'd hate for the powerful Inconsistently whipped Cream of the Knights of the Malcontent and Offended Society (ICKMOO) to hunt you down.

Rik,

My favorite hard soap is Taylor's Lavender. Ordered it from Classic Shaving, and I got the refill (I have mugs) with the intention of melting it. Never tried to melt it, but it give an INCREDIBLE shave!

Soaps do rock!

Randy

Rik:
I enjoyed the hi-jack a lot!! That's what makes this site so much fun, the humor. Ron's a great guy and I bet he can take it as well as he dishes it out!!

We did have access to five different fragrance houses, they just happen to all reside at Ron's house. Again, I must give credit where credit is due, he has great taste in fragrances as well. (&*%^, did it again!)

You will have to give soaps a try. The bowl could be messy depeding on how you use it. Ron's patented method of holding the bowl sideways over the bowl you're going to whip up some luxurious lather in is the key. That way anything that drips goes into the mixing bowl and not down the side of the beautiful wooden bowl. Ron should really post his hard soap method for everyone. (how about it Ron?)

I have a bowl of Truefitt & Hill waiting for me in OKC as soon as I can get there to pick it up. I still like my creams but the soaps will certainly be part of my rotation in the future. A little cream in the bowl before you begin mixing makes for a wonderful lather if you don't have a quality soap to begin with however.

ScheiBekopfe :w00t:

Jerry

Oh No! Not another one! :scared:
ScheiBekopfe :w00t:

Ron, sounds like it's time for a pictorial review.
Ron's patented method of holding the bowl sideways over the bowl you're going to whip up some luxurious lather in is the key. That way anything that drips goes into the mixing bowl and not down the side of the beautiful wooden bowl.
Jerry, It's pretty cool that you guys were able to witness a well stocked shaving den! You'll have to let us know what all you add to your regimen.

Rik:
Today when I picked up my T&H hard soap and refill, I also added some T&H 1805 ASB, 1805 shaving cream, and C&E Nomad deodorant to round out the like scents in my cabinet.

I also ordered a bottle of Floris Santal cologne as well as Santal shaving cream.

It never ends!!!

Now, for a new brush............ :cool:

Top Bottom