What's new

Roman Empire Shaving - "Caesar" safety razor

So I saw this razor on eBay. It was only $12.99 USD with 4 packs of different blades to sample! The seller is based in Sweden. It looks like a nice razor and it'll be interesting to sample other blades I have never tried before with my other razors. If it works well enough, I will order another one and give it to my best friend as a gift to see if he will get the wet shaving bug. This will be my first new razor purchase in 21 months. :biggrin:

Roman Empire Shaving Caesar - 1.jpg

Roman Empire Shaving Caesar - 2.jpg

Roman Empire Shaving Caesar - 3.jpg

Roman Empire Shaving Caesar - 5.jpg

The seller is in Sweden but that's a Chinese made clone of the Edwin Jagger DE89. A lower cost version of the actual EJ razor is available on Amazon as the "Kelvin", usually priced around $20-25.

Yes, I am aware it's basically a Chinese clone of the EJ razor head from seeing a couple of reviews. Still for $12.99 plus 20 blades it looks like a good deal. It should arrive within the next couple of weeks.

Yes, I am aware it's basically a Chinese clone of the EJ razor head from seeing a couple of reviews. Still for $12.99 plus 20 blades it looks like a good deal. It should arrive within the next couple of weeks.
Just wanted to make sure everybody knew this was Chinese-made since the marketing is rather deceptive. Truth in advertising would have the head of some emperor from the Han Dynasty on the package.

For new low-cost razors, I'd personally rather have something like an Italian-made Fatip Piccolo in nickel-plated brass for around $20. I have a couple of Chinese razors and they are just OK, not great. They are copies made at the lowest cost. Considering how many times a good razor will be used, the cost difference is not worth worrying about, IMHO.

Top Bottom