What's new

Rolls Razors Restoration

Hello! I recently bought 3 rolls razors - one for me, and two to give as gifts to my brother and dad. I have one of each kind of imperial, and I think they're in pretty good condition (if not, please let me know what you think I need to replace).
proxy.php
proxy.php

The imperial no. 1 might be the worst off, with the silver tarnish and the cut strop.
proxy.php

The imperial no. 2 might be the best, maybe NOS?
proxy.php

The imperial no. 3 is the one I want to keep.
proxy.php

In order to give them in good condition, though, I have to restore them. I have a few questions that I'd like to ask here:

- I want to break these down, clean the whole thing, and put it back together. When putting the mechanism back together, what grease/ lubrication do you recommend I use for the rail system?

- what is the best way to sterilize the blades, and remove rust? Additionally, will I have to dispose of these blades, or is it basically a section of a straight razor that I can sharpen and use near-indefinitely?

If there's anything I missed, please let me know. Thanks, and I look forward to exploring this forum further!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I do not know much about these beasts. My father has one that has not seen the light of day in many a year. The only thing that I can suggest is try an eBay search for blades. NOS blades do turn up on there from time to time. I was lucky enough to get a blade here in Australia late last year off eBay. Just have patience.

I've always wondered how the heck these things work. I can't even tell where the blade is!
The razor is at the edge of the handle, they're in pretty good condition. The swivel to become unattached, and then can be attached to the actual razor and (shown at the top). I also have an extra razor with one of the sets.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom