What's new

Rolls Razor anyone?

Good day gents.

Is there any member that uses a Rolls Razor? I have recently acquired one and completely cleaned it up. The only thing left is to make a replacement strop for the unit. The hone is removed and will not be replaced as I will hone it on a barber's hone myself by hand.

Anyway, check out the pics.

Tell me what you think, guys!

Amazing technology and engineering for a 1927 creation!

This baby is in good hands and I WILL use it.:thumbup1::w00t::thumbup:

Last edited:
There's a whole social group dedicated to the Roll Razor on here.

Check it out in the 'Community' tab.

Nice razors, and they shave well but are a little bit of a hassle to keep up.

There's a whole social group dedicated to the Roll Razor on here.

Check it out in the 'Community' tab.

Oh! Thanks for the intel.
I thought I was on a stranded island, its great news to know that there's a community for this.

Cheers mate.

Let us know how it shaves. I've never been overly interested in a rolls razor, as comments on them have been mixed but I wouldn't mind your feedback.

A rolls is effectively a section of a straight razor, on a stick. (it's frequently called a straight razor on a stick). The technique you use to shave with it is thus very similar to that of a full size straight, with skin stretching being of utmost importance.

The main factor for a good shave with this razor, is that you have to get the blade to a truly shave ready state before you can ever hope to have good shaves with it. The included hone from my understanding is not sufficient to make the blade truly shave ready; so good choice with using the Barber's Hone instead.

Also keep in mind that the stropping distance is quite short, so if you would do 20 passes to strop your razor on a full sized strop, you would probably have to triple this number for the Rolls strop.

~John~

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind your feedback.

A rolls is effectively a section of a straight razor, on a stick.
so good choice with using the Barber's Hone instead.

Also keep in mind that the stropping distance is quite short
~John~

Very interesting razor. Thanks for all the pictures; I didn't understand how it worked before now.

Cool. I will submit my feedback here, on this thread. I appreciate your confidence in me, DE Shaver!

Yes Michiganlover, I immediately noticed a str8 rzr aura flowing from this thing!!!:biggrin1: Stropping will be annoying!!:lol:

Glad to help out, Brandon. Enjoy.:thumbup1:

I seriously JUST picked one of these up yesterday. I am absolutely intrigued by this device and understand it to provide an amazing shave. The quality of this thing is superb and the fact that it bridges that gap between straights and DE's is just cool. And how could anyone resist the sweet art deco look and feel?!

I honestly bought this not because for collector reasons but more for its use.
It truly feels magical since the only thing I know about it is that someone once upon a time shaved with this POA (piece of art).

The same goes for my str8.

Is it a dream? I hope not!:biggrin1:

But I will not use it regularly, just to preserve it.
I'll keep the heavy loads for my str8 and DE.

The Rolls is definitely a gem. A privilege to own.

Top Bottom