What's new

Roller Guard Razor Co.

First shave with the Tuckaway/ Roller Guard yesterday. Was mild for my taste and had to use a shallower angle than what I'm used to... will give it another go in the morning.

May have to go with a thick shim to get more exposure.

I used my Asylum Evolution today with the roller gaurd plate. It turned a normally aggressive razor into a super smooth shaving machine. My Evolution bites me at least once every time I use it, but this time around I came out unscathed!
View attachment 975289

That is one interesting looking combination... I like it. Is this the first gen Evolution or the more aggressive later generation?

That is one interesting looking combination... I like it. Is this the first gen Evolution or the more aggressive later generation?
Thanks.
It's the first generation Evolution, but I also have the second generation base plate in brass. I was one of the lucky testers that got the second gen plate for free and the only one at the time with a two tone. I like it even though it likes to bite.

I've enjoyed the roller guard with a couple old types.Has made them milder and smoother shavers. Wish I had gotten 2.......

I've enjoyed the roller guard with a couple old types.Has made them milder and smoother shavers. Wish I had gotten 2.......

I might can make that happen. I held one back for myself and used a couple times this week.

Since I have the “roller guard” razor (shown at the bottom of the leaflet), I don’t really need this extra baseplate.

I’d be willing to sell by itself (minus the box and leaflet) for the same deal, 25 post paid.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally converted my old type to a rold type and shaved with it.

Shave was very mild, best comparison would be a post war 3pc Gillette Tech if the guard rolled for the type and closeness of shave. I have a few old type clones and other caps I can try pairing this with see any give a more aggressive closer shave.

rold4.jpg

I tried mine with a few different shavers that I found to be too mild until I tried it on a Canadian ABC silver set...perfection!!!

Roller Guard-Fatip mk1 on Speedway handle. 7 O'CLOCK SS with one shim. About the only way to get an aggressive shave with the Roller Guard is with a narrow cap like the Mk1.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’m glad that these are still generating enjoyment... I didn’t hold back any of the base plates, but have the “roller guard” razor. It needs a thick shim to generate an aggressive smooth shave that I like....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom