What's new

Roger Moore has died

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well, shows how up to date I am. I had forgotten about this, and thought it had just happened. Sorry about that.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
The veteran star, who died in Switzerland, will have a private funeral in Monaco in accordance with his wishes, his children said.

May Sir Roger rest in peace.

My favourite Bond by a very long way. He was one of those marvellous actors you really weren't supposed to rate highly as actors, like Victor Mature.

I really liked Moore in For Your Eyes Only, my favorite outing of his. They kept some of the humor toned down for it. I have been watching The Saint series again on Tubi TV. That's a lot of fun. I also enjoyed his performance in Spice World (the Spice Girls movie). With daughters who are 31 and 25, we watched that DVD a lot when it first came out.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My favourite Bond by a very long way. He was one of those marvellous actors you really weren't supposed to rate highly as actors, like Victor Mature.
Amen, to all of it. Moore was who my mind's eye saw as the 007 in the books.

It wasn't just his good looks. He had a very charismatic voice. I can hear it in my head as I'm writing.

There were a few charismatic and unforgettable voices - Vincent Price, Raymond Burr, Peter Lorre....

FarmerTan

I really liked Moore in For Your Eyes Only, my favorite outing of his. They kept some of the humor toned down for it. I have been watching The Saint series again on Tubi TV. That's a lot of fun. I also enjoyed his performance in Spice World (the Spice Girls movie). With daughters who are 31 and 25, we watched that DVD a lot when it first came out.
You are a Blessed man for those memories!

FarmerTan

It wasn't just his good looks. He had a very charismatic voice. I can hear it in my head as I'm writing.

There were a few charismatic and unforgettable voices - Vincent Price, Raymond Burr, Peter Lorre....
You are right on the money, again!

FarmerTan

He was not my favorite Bond, Sean Connery, Pierce Brosman and Daniel Graig are my favorites, but he was a great actor.
To me his best "role" was ambassador of the United Nations
Was there ever a "bad" Bond? It was probably my teenage brain that loved the character that blinded me to any of the actors....

FarmerTan

truly I am, they are wonderful people who never cease to make me proud.
I wish more father's would talk like that. I ALWAYS wanted a daughter or 12, but I was blessed with a son who is at 19 twice the man I ever was.

Top Bottom