What's new

Roger & Gallet?

I was going through some boxes of Roger & Gallet that I have and decided to look online and see what today's prices around for their parfum but their USA site is closed for "Maintenance". There were a few places that had some random products at much higher prices than I remember paying before but I didn't find their complete line anywhere online except in France and there weren't very many fragrances listed there! Are there problems with imports now or have some perfume companies closed down?

David

There was a story about 2 years ago that they were going to stop distributing their products in US I think. I still see their products at Pasteur Pharmacy in NYC though. I love their Bois D'Orange mens cologne and still have a lot left in a large bottle so I haven't searched for a replacement.

There was a story about 2 years ago that they were going to stop distributing their products in US I think. I still see their products at Pasteur Pharmacy in NYC though. I love their Bois D'Orange mens cologne and still have a lot left in a large bottle so I haven't searched for a replacement.
Thanks for getting back to me on this. It is unfortunate when a nice line of products seems to disappear from the market! I just checked their US website and it says:

"OUR SITE IS CURRENTLY UNDER MAINTENANCE
Our technical teams are working to improve it.
It will be available again in a very short time!

I don't know how long it has been down but it doesn't look like it will be open soon if at all! The market is flooded with these kinds of products and sometimes it is easier for the company to stay online only. At least there seem to be some places to get bits and pieces here and there. I have very few bottles left and I am saving some empty ones for the scent that is left in them! Hopefully, I can find some at sometime in the future! My cupboards are already too full of fragrances from around the world! Thanks, again!

I see some Bois D'Orange on ebay but prices are a lot higher than I remember. I first got turned on to them with samples from Colonial Drugs in MA a few years ago.

I found this at the "Wayback Machine" in 2013! So, they seem to have cut off sales in the U.S.A. 8 years ago! I also have seen listings in the $120 - $130 range which is way, way above what it originally sold for!

I just saw a listing for
Jean Marie Farina Eau de Cologne
from 2013 in the U.S. site and the amount for the 6.6 oz. bottle was $70!

Closing-HP-Slider_v1.jpg

Something just hit me yesterday afternoon and I just looked it up! I seem to remember buying Roger et Gallet at Caswell Massey years ago so I looked it up on the Wayback Machine and I found them selling Roger et Gallet in 2009 for $36 for a 100ml container! Now, online I am seeing quite a few listings in the mid $50 range and some lower and a few in the $80 range! Everything is different now with the large companies selling everything online for an inexpensive price and sometimes free shipping but things just are not the same! It was nice going into a store like Caswell Massey, looking around, sniffing the samples and making a few nice choices but that doesn't seem to exist any longer. :sad:

Top Bottom