What's new

Roger Gallet Shave Soap

I found a site that is offering Roger Gallet Shave Soap for $40 in the wooden tub and $15 for refills. Has anybody found it any cheaper and if so where? Thanks.

The site is the ChampsElysee url referenced by Austin. I've ordered a couple this morning along with some other soaps by Roger Gallet.

What does it smell like?

-Mo

Sorry for the delayed response Mo-

All I can do is call it a Cologne based scent, not too strong and even more subtle when lathered up.

I used it the other day for the 4th time or so and got some light "burning + flush" I hope it was environmental and not something in the soap.

This is a very good soap but I would not go to extreme measures to get it.

All I can do is call it a Cologne based scent, not too strong and even more subtle when lathered up.

Ah. Thanks. I was thinking I remembered a reference somewhere to it very very strong. If not, I'm not that interested - I'm sure it is good, but it is also expensive. Really powerfully scented triple milled soaps are hard to come by, so that I would go out of my way for, but otherwise....

-Mo

Ah. Thanks. I was thinking I remembered a reference somewhere to it very very strong. If not, I'm not that interested - I'm sure it is good, but it is also expensive. Really powerfully scented triple milled soaps are hard to come by, so that I would go out of my way for, but otherwise....

-Mo

Mo,
Its fragrance is identical to the L'Homme Cologne by R&G. While everyone knows their nose is different than anyone else's nose knows, I have found the fragrance to be quite pronounced as opposed to our New York Mod, but the standard caveat applies, YMMV.
An extract of its fragrance description:
...fresh, citrus head notes created by a harmony of mint, juniper berry and ylang ylang is sustained by woody notes enriched with spice and amber.
Here's a thread to scan.

Top Bottom