What's new

Rocnel SE-P is back!!!

Saw it as new item at The Razor Company. Seems these were around back in 2016 which was before I was in this forum. Don’t think I ever saw or heard of this. A few weird things that don’t make sense is they list it as remanufactured. Is this the same as refurbished? Also the other weird thing is this is a one piece that you slide in a half DE blade, but it says to trim off the end pieces. Is this really what your have to do each time with a new blade?

They sometimes re-issue older models. It's listed as a new product on the Rocnel site.

I'd rather see the SE-G back in production but GEM is my favourite format.

Just looked this up. Nice looking piece of kit but, it looks a big ole lump for the head and the balde loading system also looks as though it needs care to change a blade. When I ain't my glasses on this would be a night mare for me. Especially the breaking of the side tabs bit? Saying that the price ain't to bad.

Just looked this up. Nice looking piece of kit but, it looks a big ole lump for the head and the balde loading system also looks as though it needs care to change a blade. When I ain't my glasses on this would be a night mare for me. Especially the breaking of the side tabs bit? Saying that the price ain't to bad.
What I’ve been wondering and haven’t found an answer to yet, is how does one break off the side tabs?

A guy on Instagram said these were originally $30 back in 2016 and that the shave sucked bad.

I think it’s a hard pass for me based on them charging 3 times the price, plus trying to fish out the blade after the shave to rinse, and then having to use dental floss to give a thorough cleaning.

Too expensive and too much maintenance and if the shave sucks on top of that why bother?

Saw it as new item at The Razor Company. Seems these were around back in 2016 which was before I was in this forum. Don’t think I ever saw or heard of this. A few weird things that don’t make sense is they list it as remanufactured. Is this the same as refurbished? Also the other weird thing is this is a one piece that you slide in a half DE blade, but it says to trim off the end pieces. Is this really what your have to do each time with a new blade?

I used this back when they were new. You don't have to snap off the blade tabs as I recall. Might be a good idea because they stick out a lot, but not required. The curved blade holds itself in place without any mechanism so you just side it in all the way back and it stays put. It's a bit unwieldy, but I always thought it was an interesting concept.

I used this back when they were new. You don't have to snap off the blade tabs as I recall. Might be a good idea because they stick out a lot, but not required. The curved blade holds itself in place without any mechanism so you just side it in all the way back and it stays put. It's a bit unwieldy, but I always thought it was an interesting concept.

I keep hoping that you will decide to do it better. 🙂

Maybe a similar concept with a thinner head that covers more of the blade tabs.

...but back on topic:

It looks hideous and clumsy. IF I were inclined to try it, I would likely leave the tabs to facilitate blade removal.

Still, it needs a large dose of elegance.

Regarding price: it feels like a steal compared to their other razors. I'm actually shocked by how little it costs compared to their flagship razor...and if was stamped "Wolfman" guys would wait six months to spend $500 on one.

G

Guest2023

I had this razor. It was $25 when it was first sold. I think it is the best Rocnel razor along with SE50 shaving-wise (I've tried SE50, Elite, Sailor, SE-G, my preference order of Rocnel.)

I admit this is an interesting concept and hope Rocnel to go back experimental like it, but I dont think I would spend $90 on this primitive razor. :) At that price point, there are better options like Razorock, Leaf, Karve, Rockwell, etc.

Looking forward to your review
Used it once. I wish it wasn’t so heavy. It shaved pretty well. Not mild, not ultra-aggressive.

I would consider it medium-plus-plus aggressiveness with 7.5 efficiency.

I may try it with a different handle. This thing feels like a barbell. I’m not big into letting the weight of the razor do the work. I prefer nimble.

It’s a curious razor. Don’t be intimidated by breaking blades and such. It’s not tough. I snap the edges off after it’s loaded. I assume that’s correct.

Used it once. I wish it wasn’t so heavy. It shaved pretty well. Not mild, not ultra-aggressive.

I may try it with a different handle. This thing feels like a barbell. I’m not big into letting the weight of the razor do the work. I prefer nimble.

It’s a curious razor. Don’t be intimidated by breaking blades and such. It’s not tough. I snap the edges off after it’s loaded. I assume that’s correct.
My first thought was that it looked like a sledgehammer.

I don't think I'm interested in getting one for myself, it's interesting though that's for sure.

The only thing stopping me now is price for what it is. Considering it was $25 or $30 back in 2016, I can't owe the prive difference to just inflation either.

2nd shave in. I don't like it. Major flaw = the cutting surface of the blade is longer than the razor itself. Therefore, even after snapping the sides off, the blade corners protrude out the side. I slashed my nose when I was shaving mustache. I felt like crying in the shower.

I hate it. Hopefully, somebody will buy it.

Top Bottom