SOTD

Rocnel elite 2022
Wilkinson sword blade (Germany)
Grooming dept pre shave
Grooming dept La Rosa Profunda soap
Simpsons T3 special edition brush
Captains choice obsidian copper shaving bowl

Post shave - La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Soothing Face and Body Balm

2nd shave with the rocnel elite. Just superb tonight. Just the right amount of aggression/smoothness/blade feel.

1st try with these Wilkinson sword blades. Heard from a fellow member that they are made in the same plant as the schick de triple coated blades I love. This blade was spot on tonight. Lovely and smooth in the rocnel. I already bought 100 but am definitely going to stock up on these if they work as well in other razors.

1st try with this balm. Again, bought it as other members were raving about it. Quite a thick balm but lovely to apply. This is the 1st ever balm of many I have tried with zero burn or sting. Definitely worth the money.

Overall a top shave. The rocnel is just superb.

Have a pleasant evening 😊

20230120_002519.jpg

SOTD

Rocnel elite 2022
Wilkinson sword blade (Germany)
Grooming dept pre shave
Grooming dept La Rosa Profunda soap
Simpsons T3 special edition brush
Captains choice obsidian copper shaving bowl

Post shave - La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Soothing Face and Body Balm

2nd shave with the rocnel elite. Just superb tonight. Just the right amount of aggression/smoothness/blade feel.

1st try with these Wilkinson sword blades. Heard from a fellow member that they are made in the same plant as the schick de triple coated blades I love. This blade was spot on tonight. Lovely and smooth in the rocnel. I already bought 100 but am definitely going to stock up on these if they work as well in other razors.

1st try with this balm. Again, bought it as other members were raving about it. Quite a thick balm but lovely to apply. This is the 1st ever balm of many I have tried with zero burn or sting. Definitely worth the money.

Overall a top shave. The rocnel is just superb.

Have a pleasant evening 😊

View attachment 1591061
I’m so glad the Elite was worth the wait and you are this happy with it. Thanks for posting your impressions.

Ich hatte Elite 2018 1.95. Es war besser als Rocnel Sailor 2020, aber aufgrund der sperrigen Grundplatte und des hohen Gewichts definitiv nicht meine Lieblingswahl. Es fühlte sich in Bezug auf Geschmeidigkeit und Effizienz ähnlich an wie Tatara Masamune.

Es ist ein ausgezeichneter Rasierer, aber es gibt viele gleich gute oder bessere Optionen für weniger Geld.

Ich hatte Elite 2018 1.95. Es war besser als Rocnel Sailor 2020, aber aufgrund der sperrigen Grundplatte und des hohen Gewichts definitiv nicht meine Lieblingswahl. Es fühlte sich in Bezug auf Geschmeidigkeit und Effizienz ähnlich an wie Tatara Masamune.

Es ist ein ausgezeichneter Rasierer, aber es gibt viele gleich gute oder bessere Optionen für weniger Geld.
Welches wären den die angesprochen Optionen ?

The Elite is not as efficient as a Blackbird. It’s about medium efficiency, I’d say.
Question for you Mr. Shavington:
Besides efficiency, what differences do you see between the Elite & Blackbird?
I've kind of become interested in the BB since everyone raves about it and I've never given it a chance.
Issue is, as you probably remember, the Elite didn't work for me. And for some reason, both heads look similar to me
(in pictures).
Am I wrong?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I had a lovely shave with my Rocnel Elite this past Sunday evening. I hadn't used it for a while. I love the auditory feedback and it confirmed it's place in my top 8 razors with ease. A very pleasant, relaxing, smooth, comfortable yet close shave.

RS_7_16_2023 SOTD.jpg

Edit: I know Rocnel is known for their amazing adjustable Sailor razor. I was concerned, buying the Elite, I would end up with a second place razor, if you will. I don't own the Sailor. I'm sure it's as amazing as its many owners here state, over and over. I would like to state: the Elite is not a second class razor. It holds its own against all my top razors. It's a pleasure to use.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a comment on the Elite: The only thing that bothers me slightly about this razor is the handle. The handle only seems to catch by two threads. I talked to Rocnel about it and they told me.. don't worry, be happy. I think they are right.. nothing to worry about.

However, I found a couple M5 .8 X 1.0mm nylon washers... same thickness of 1mm... but a smaller diameter. They fit into the milled out depression in the base plate and enable me to use a Timeless Ti Crown handle... it looks nice with the Elite and if you like a somewhat lighter total razor weight.. and the balance tilted toward the head.. it might be perfect for you. I think it will be for me. I'll try it on my next shave and report back.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I have a comment on the Elite: The only thing that bothers me slightly about this razor is the handle. The handle only seems to catch by two threads. I talked to Rocnel about it and they told me.. don't worry, be happy. I think they are right.. nothing to worry about.
Two threads? That would absolutely drive me crazy. I want five turns minimum.

~doug~

Since we're on the subject of titanium, the Elite does come in titanium, but it's not on 'The regular menu' per say.

It does carry a hefty premium, at $550.

Top Bottom