What's new

Rocnel Elite

I prefer the Elite to the Nodachi. But that's just ymmv as always.
Looks like best is to have both.. Nodachi same perfect results also today, slowly abandoning idea to buy Ti. SS works, maybe better buy Elite for that money. Elite is now SS + Ti.. hmmm

@Mr. Shavington I used 1st time razor I would never consider to buy, but recommended on other treat, Henson+++ and it worked very well. Very close, for daily shave fully acceptable for me (could be more close if Ti because Al is very low weight) absolutely no irritation or problems.. for 70€ dirt cheap. just it is like too easy, very little emotions from that shave but very functional for easy fast shave in morning routine. I know you prefer more heavy razors and better materials just to bring my experience here also. Rocnel Elite still on list want to buy

@Mr. Shavington I used 1st time razor I would never consider to buy, but recommended on other treat, Henson+++ and it worked very well. Very close, for daily shave fully acceptable for me (could be more close if Ti because Al is very low weight) absolutely no irritation or problems.. for 70€ dirt cheap. just it is like too easy, very little emotions from that shave but very functional for easy fast shave in morning routine. I know you prefer more heavy razors and better materials just to bring my experience here also. Rocnel Elite still on list want to buy
I like the Henson a lot. Definitely a top ten razor for me. I liked the mild (+) plate a little better than the medium (++), personally, and it has plenty of efficiency. It’s one of the razors I would recommend (also Karve Overlander) to a friend who is taking up DE shaving or is more experienced but not happy with their shaves.

I think it is nice in aluminum so I haven’t tried the titanium. I do experience suction of the head against my skin, which some users do and some don’t - I think it’s because I have soft, smooth skin compared to the wrinkled, craggy, rather derelict skin that you guys all have (😉).

Good day,

Regarding the M5 nylon washers, is it an M5 .8mm x 1mm, or M5 8mm x 1mm? A polished 2023 Elite is on its way to me, and I use washers in all my 3 piece razors, typically standard M5.

thank you!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The M5 .8mm X 1mm is the one that fits into the recess in the head... for me, at least.

Note: This is for the 2021 Elite, at least, I think that was the year.....in any event, the former model, not the latest version.

IMG_9942.jpeg

All Brass

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
View attachment 1805485

My kit for the March Fixed Four includes the brass Rocnel Elite. My goal is to determine whether the razor qualifies as a member of my Daily Driver Category which is the highest ranking category for my razors. Currently the Elite is a Daily Driver Candidate.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I have a brass Elite waiting for me when I get home..... The SS 2022 Elite made it to my Top Razor list easily and I'm hoping for the same with this new brass offering from Rocnel. I'm sure they'll be slightly different because of the safety bar design, but if they are similar, I think I'll enjoy the brass Elite.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have a brass Elite waiting for me when I get home..... The SS 2022 Elite made it to my Top Razor list easily and I'm hoping for the same with this new brass offering from Rocnel. I'm sure they'll be slightly different because of the safety bar design, but if they are similar, I think I'll enjoy the brass Elite.

Kim, I think you'll enjoy the brass Elite, too. It will also be interesting to compare it with the steel version.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom