What's new

Rocky Mountain Shavers (RMS)

First sign of Spring.
My wife said: "Is that a Robin?"
I looked outside and it is a flock of them.
Probably driven by the impending storm.
There are 20 to 30 of them looking for cherries in the tree in the front yard.
Quite a sight.

I think I'm ready for Spring. It's been way too cold lately!
Robins are probably getting outa here in search of warmer temps. LOL

I've been into the hills 5 times so far this year. Well 'hill' would be more accurate. I try to do a quick trip up Sanitas every time I'm in Boulder.
My wife and I hike up there too.
She loves hiking in the trees in RMNP.
I like above timberline.
Might be a sloppy wet spring.

First Name? Tim
What State?
CO
City (Residing in or from)? South Denver Suburbs
What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)? Rockies (when they aren't playing the Cubbies)
What do you do? Educator
What are your worst acquisition disorders? Boar brushes
What are your favorite shaving hardware/software (up to 3 of each)?

Razors: Red Tip, Edwin Jagger 89 Barley Chrome, Rockwell 6S
Brushes: Omega 49 Pro, Semogue Mistura Taj Resin, Semogue 2000
Soap: Homemade soaps, Palmolive, Speick
Cream: Italian Palmolive w/menthol, Bullgoose
Aftershaves: Homemade a/s splash, Thayer's Superhazel, Dr. Galen Tonic

Tell us a little about yourself? Relocated to CO from TX (I know! I know!) last year. Wetshaving for 11 years. Married for 20 years. Two kids.

Hobbies: Running, cycling, hiking, writing, reading, soapmaking, cooking

Show-Me Pic(s): None handy right now for uploading, but I'll get to it. Unless I forget.

First Name? Tim
What State? CO
What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)? Rockies (when they aren't playing the Cubbies)
What do you do? Educator

Tell us a little about yourself? Relocated to CO from TX (I know! I know!) last year. Wetshaving for 11 years. Married for 20 years. Two kids.

Show-Me Pic(s): None handy right now for uploading, but I'll get to it. Unless I forget.

Welcome.
I too live in south Denver.
Work downtown in oil and gas.

That’s where I grew up.
Near Arapahoe and University.
Great area to live in.

Wow! That intersection is a little over a mile from our house. We have really enjoyed it so far. The parks are incredible, the school our kids attend is excellent, and the lots in this area are large because of the age of the neighborhoods. As a Nebraska native, I've always had a touch of Colorado envy - all my friends and their ski vacations - and getting to live in this area is something I'd never figured on. My wife is a Texas native. I wasn't sure she'd ever leave the state, but here we are.

Welcome! I'm a retired teacher and live in Southeast Denver. I also lived in Texas for quite a while. I liked it but I'm glad to be here.

Wow! That intersection is a little over a mile from our house. We have really enjoyed it so far. The parks are incredible, the school our kids attend is excellent, and the lots in this area are large because of the age of the neighborhoods. As a Nebraska native, I've always had a touch of Colorado envy - all my friends and their ski vacations - and getting to live in this area is something I'd never figured on. My wife is a Texas native. I wasn't sure she'd ever leave the state, but here we are.

Yup!
That's my old neighborhood.
Peabody, Newton and Arapahoe.

You are a Nebraska native?!!
Me too!
Born in Grand Island, the homestead was near Wood River, and the ranches were north and west of Mullen.
Lets meet up or a coffee sometime.
I have to pick up my granddaughter now.
Reconnect later.

First Name? Tim
What State? CO
What do you do? Educator

That’s where I grew up.
Near Arapahoe and University.
Great area to live in.

Welcome! I'm a retired teacher and live in Southeast Denver. I also lived in Texas for quite a while. I liked it but I'm glad to be here.

Sounds like we are reaching critical mass for another Denver meet. These have always been straight razor centric in the past, but there is no reason for that.

Sounds like we are reaching critical mass for another Denver meet. These have always been straight razor centric in the past, but there is no reason for that.

I would certainly be interested. Straight razor centric is fine for me, too (although not a requirement, clearly). I have been feeling a bit of an itch to try my hand at straights again, and I would love to actually be able to talk to some guys about honing and stropping and such.

Top Bottom