What's new

Rocky Mountain shave soap, anyone use this before?

FYI - I picked up a bar of their new shave-bar at Sunnyside Market in Calgary, and have been very impressed with it.
I'm pretty sure mine said non-scented (I seem to have misplaced the packaging), but since it has lemon oil in it, it does have a gentle citrus scent.

I've been using it regularly for a few weeks now. Great lather, gentle scent, fresh etc.
Maybe they have reformulated their shave-bar since this thread started.

http://www.rockymountainsoap.com/productDetails/1118835/1042592/1000144

From their web site....

This bar makes a rich natural lather that gives the perfect glide for shaving. It contains Cocoa Butter to help soothe irritation and prevent nicks.

Ing.

Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoate (Coconut Oil), Sodium Canolate (Canola Oil), Sodium Cottonseedate (Cottonseed Oil), Sodium Olivate (Olive Oil), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Solum Fullonum (Fuller's Earth), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Titanium Dioxide, Lavandula Stoechas (Lavender) Oil, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander) Seed Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Oil

Calgaryans - if you drop by Sunnyside market, to try a bar, ask for Jordan. If he's in you can tell him Uncle Gerald sent you. :)

We buy most of our soaps from RM since it is close and they have a great product. Recently my wife made an order and decided to get me a shave bar. Yikes! Try as I might this just didn't work as a shave soap. They make great stuff and have a big following in western Canada, but they haven't got the hang of a shave soap as yet.

I gave a slice of my bar to a friend too, I'll get his feedback soon. I've been using it exclusively since I picked up the bar.

I realize this thread is a little old, but I figured this is an appropriate place to post. I was in the Rocky Mountain Soap Store in TD Square today and I picked up a bar of there new shaving soap, Citrus. I have only hand lathered it so far, but it seems to glide pretty nicely. Takes a bit of work to lather (though I have been using Tabac and Nivea cream as of late, so I my expectations are a little unrealistic) and the lather is a bit thin. I do really like the scent though and it is very mild. I'll be giving it a shot in the morning and let you know how it turns out.

Also for anyone local (Calgary) they have a synthetic brush for sale now that looks an awful lot like the Body Shop Brush, but the price tag said $2.75. Probably worth a shot at that price.

I tried the shave soap a few months back. I wanted to like it but it just didn't do it for me. It was hard to lather. And it seemed the lather started slick but dried too quickly. Was great as a regular soap.

Top Bottom