What's new

Rockwell synthetic brush compared to similar?

I am debating about trying a different brush just to get a feel for a different knot.

After looking around online, it looks like the standard knot on RazoRock brushes and even some of the knots I can buy online(golden nib, whipped dog, etc.) are exactly the same as the Rockwell just maybe a larger knot.

For those that have used both the Rockwell and RazoRock(and similar appearance) are they basically the same?

Are the tuxedo knots from RazoRock really that different?

I am just getting into researching all the Yaqi types, so that another path I am going down.

I am just not sure how much of a difference there really is between the synthetics.

I can tell you from experience that 24mm Tuxedo and 26mm Timberwolf from Yaqi perform pretty much the same. Personally I find 26mm too big and prefer smaller knot.
But aren't a lot of synthetics on the market just rebranded Yaqi knots? I believe I found some talk about it on this forum. Check that out, because why pay 30$ for a knot you can get for 10$ with different label. Maybe you even find out that Rockwell and Razorock use Yaqi knots.
Don't overthink it, if you just need a quality brush that performs well with no fuss and don't care about brand or special designs of the handle then get yourself a Yaqi. It is a great brush and dirt cheap. There is also sale every year on 11.11. on Aliexpress, you can pick them up for like 10$

Top Bottom