What's new

Rockwell sadness/frustration

So I pre-ordered a Rockwell 6S in the blue coating on August 7th and the website said it would ship by August 21st.

I went back to the website on the 21st to confirm it has shipped and the date had been postponed to the following week.

I went back today to see if it had shipped (had been on vacation last week and avoiding the internet as much as possible) and the date has been moved to September 8th.

On the one hand I’m sad because this is the first “expensive” modern razor I’ve purchased and am really excited to try it but, you know, things happen and we are in weird times so I’m not super shocked.

However, I am a little frustrated that I haven’t received any updates or notifications about the delays from Rockwell. Seems like they could very easily send out an email saying “Sorry, we’ve had delays and had to push back the ship date to XX”

Not the end of the world by any stretch but I shouldn’t have to go on their website to find out.

Yeah, I’m not pleased either. I went with the red 6S over a LikeGrampa and I am starting to regret my choice. I ordered mine at the end of July.

I'm still excited and based on all the reviews I've read I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Though I did see a 6S the other day for like $50 and thought "was the blue worth an extra $65?". LOL.

That's why I normally buy used but oh well - it'll be only my second blue razor (fave color) after my just received Henson.

Unfortunately Rockwell has that history. There are all kinds of threads indicating delays over the years. The one thing in their favour is they do make an excellent razor. Communication and predictions are not their strong suit.

I’m also waiting for my 6c. I’ve got a Razorock BBS en route and have My eyes on the Gamechanger .68 and a Karve. I am thinking about just asking if I can cancel for a refund.

I’m also waiting for my 6c. I’ve got a Razorock BBS en route and have My eyes on the Gamechanger .68 and a Karve. I am thinking about just asking if I can cancel for a refund.

I to am waiting for my 6C. My RR BBS arrived yesterday.

When I had mine, they had great customer service. Unfortunately the 6S fell flat with me, and I much prefer my game changers. Might want to look at them if you wind up cancelling your order with Rockwell.

Disappointing, to say the least. I was considering purchasing either a 6c or 6s new recently, but based on how this is being handled by the company I would much rather opt for one on the secondary market. They come up every now and then on here but go rather quickly, which does provide some measure of comfort in knowing that when you DO get it, it shaves well. In the meantime, my current lineup of razors are doing their job, so it's not as if I am desperate for one... yet. LOL.
:jump:

I have both the 6S and the Karve. Both had delays in providing product. If I had the money to buy one it would be the 6S as you get all the plates and are not guessing and buying extra plates. Both will give you an excellent shave once you find the sweet spot (plate).

I wonder if there is a very recent problem or if it is just the new coloured ones. I ordered a 6S from Rockwell on July 10, and it shipped on July 14. Great razor.

Disappointing, to say the least. I was considering purchasing either a 6c or 6s new recently, but based on how this is being handled by the company I would much rather opt for one on the secondary market. They come up every now and then on here but go rather quickly, which does provide some measure of comfort in knowing that when you DO get it, it shaves well. In the meantime, my current lineup of razors are doing their job, so it's not as if I am desperate for one... yet. LOL.
:jump:

Thats one of the reasons I took the plunge on the new blue one.

Overall the reviews are great for the 6S and they really don’t pop up as much as many other razors in the BST.

I wonder if there is a very recent problem or if it is just the new coloured ones. I ordered a 6S from Rockwell on July 10, and it shipped on July 14. Great razor.

I’m assuming that’s what it is. And from it sounds like it’s more of a “new model” issue with Rockwell.

I’ve heard far more good things about them than bad and if the razor is all it’s been made out to be I’ll still be a Rockwell fan.

Just excited to try it!!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Very disappointing but alas this does happen. Ive been waiting for a razor from a slow shop north of the border now for weeks. The shipping label was created but item not picked up by shipping carrier has been the status for almost two weeks. Anyway my troubles dont help but you are not alone. I feel your pain. In the weeks my order has been pending i ordered and promptly received another timless model. So much to be said for that!

Shipping is iffy these days.
Agree but shipping can’t be controlled by the buyer or seller.

This is an issue of changing ETA/ship dates.

I have lots of razors so I won’t be joining a ZZTop cover band if my red 6S doesn’t show up soon, but I hate when pre-orders get pushed out. The original date was just pushed out a day before they were supposed to ship IIRC and it was moved out by 2 weeks.

Not saying it's right or okay, but I figure most of us should be used to this by now ... so many razor makers have been unable to meet their stated release dates.

Top Bottom