What's new

Rockwell Reveal

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
People still dont want to spend $150 for Zamak.
Agreed. I believe I read chromed brass, but that may not be all pieces. They end by saying “currently available in 3 finishes.” I wonder if a solid stainless T2 is on the horizon?

And BTW, ”WOW!” Glad to see my favorite razor’s maker raising the bar.

The guy from Heritage Shaving is releasing an adjustable Gibbs replica for like $45, and Rockwell thinks $150 is acceptable for Chrome...

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
That's what I read (the silo doors, was it?) but it doesn't necessarily extend to the whole thing.

Ho hum... I admire the looks of that thing, and the Rex, but love my GC.84 a lot better.

The handle of Model T is brass chrome and steel spring.
Some key parts of the head -- such as the door and blade base are Zamak.

Many people in the Kickstarter project expressed disappointment.
Kickstarter >> Rockwell Model T Razor and Razor Blades - Shaving, Perfected by Rockwell Razors - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rockwellrazors/rockwell-model-t-razor-and-razor-blades-shaving-pe/posts/1828937/comments

I emailed Rockwell about the T2, and the use of Zamac in it.
Their reply arrived this morning.
Quote:
"Thanks for contacting Rockwell Razors.
The Model T uses a combination of brass, stainless steel and chromed zinc components that meet extremely strict tolerance requirements. Multiple internal screws and springs are made of stainless steel. The T-bar assembly (safety bar, thrust plate and clamshells) is made of zinc. The dial adjuster, knob, internal nuts and the bottom end cap are made of brass

For transparency, there might be indeed Zamac components on the Model T razors, unfortunately. We wouldn't want to misinform you so I hope this information helps". Unquote:

So, the silo doors (clamshells) are still Zamac?
Or...have Rockwell forgotten already that the T2 diagram shows 'chromed brass externals' and a wee line leads to the silo doors?
The Rockwell T2 - https://getrockwell.com/blogs/journal/rockwell-t2

Not sure how this is different from or superior to the Vikings Blade Emporer series of razors. What am I missing? They are also TTO and infinitely adjustable. They are also full brass, no Zamak.

They are also full brass, no Zamak

Nope, maybe not. I found this description online.

"The Emperor razor, similarly to other Vikings Blade razors, is made from high end brass, together with a zinc baseplate and a stainless steel spring-load structure in the razor head".

So..a Zamac baseplate then?
Or maybe the latest version is all brass?

Not sure how this is different from or superior to the Vikings Blade Emporer series of razors. What am I missing? They are also TTO and infinitely adjustable. They are also full brass, no Zamak.
The Viking Emperor has a Zamak base plate... Unfortunately the Rockwell is also a no go....

$79 is probably still a bit much for zamak, especially after the disaster that was the original Model T (I had to return two due to unacceptable build quality).
And besides, I just ordered a all-brass Pearl Flexi v5 for $120AUD ($90USD).
That, my Fatboy, Ball-End Tech (and maybe a GC.84 as my next purchase) should be just about everything I need for razors :)

Top Bottom