What's new

Rockwell Reveal

I got you brother. Thinning the razor herd has been a +/- experience for me. Get rid of 1, acquire 2. Get rid of 2 & acquire 5. My math is off somewhere…. :confused1:idea:

I’m a glutton for razor acquisition punishment. :mad2:

Will post thoughts once it lands amigo…..

Correction, B&B math!! :a29: :a29:

Sorry to say that I’m sending mine back. I really wanted to love this second edition, but for me, it’s no bueno.

I’d been one of the original kickstarter investors on the first Model T. Other than most, I was fortunate enough to get mine early.

First Model T had issues and they quickly replaced it and let me keep the flawed one as well. I felt kind of bad since many investors were still waiting for theirs and no I had two Model T’s.

Several weeks later, another Rockwell Model T arrived!!! I sold all three, the flawed one at a super discount with full disclosure.

I find my 6S to be the bomb-diggidy!!! It would be my desert island razor above and beyond my others in a collection of 50+. I was counting on the T2 to be as well engineered. No dice. No diggidy.

In the end, I find there’s too much blade chatter and blade “feel”. While my final shave with it yesterday was efficient and BBS, it was far from comfortable.

Sadly disappointed. YMMV, though!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Haven't kept up with this thread as I would have liked but, life is life and one has to roll with it.
My apologies for not posting thoughts & experiences with the Model T-2 from my last and only shave post with it.

First, it is still intact and fully operational since that first outing and to cut to the chase, not a single issue in terms of durability nor of its quality. I've probably put in at least a dozen shaves with it which is not a very significant number but, regardless it has performed flawlessly at every level of shave I've thrown at it, from 1 days growth to nearly a full weeks worth of whiskers. I still stand by my own previous assessment that it shaves as good and in my eyes better than its older shave tool brother, the 6s. Feather, various Gillette's, Lord, Super-Max, Bolzano and Ladas are the blades I've used so far in the T-2 and not a bad one with either of them.

I have the original Model T for over a year and it's still plugging along and truthfully, I expect nothing different from the T-2. I might give the slight edge to the T-2 on its cutting ability and overall shave quality as compared to the OG but, it's very minute. Price might be the only thing that is holding this thing back from potentially taking off and to a certain extent the history of q/c is perhaps even a bigger contributing factor.

Nevertheless, if you can pick one up at a discounted price especially now as the holidays are approaching, it might be worth a look. Honestly, at a $150 for this razor I consider it a bit too steep and I only base that on terms of the alloy that is used for construction/make up of the razor. Though minor but, there are components made of zamak/zinc that are placed or used in potentially high wear areas. One has to also take that into consideration.

Great shaves to all.....

20211116_205624.jpg

I've been using a T2 for about 3 months.
Despite what one user on here reported the finish of the razor was flawless. I have the white chrome version, which looks very smart.

My experience is similar to that of Glazedboker. Everything works perfectly. The shave is extremely smooth. I've been using different blades (Voskhod, Gillette platinum, dorco prime st300, feather, permasharp) which all worked very well.
I was able to buy it with a little discount, for a Total of 120 euro's which ofcourse isn't cheap. To me it's worth it.
I have a couple of vintage razors (twist, flare tip, adjustable slim copy) but my T2 shaves are better and smoother than any of them.
I've got a Pearl Flexi en route, curious if it's as good a shaver as this Rockwell.

Could't care less about all this zamac-drama. I do hope it lasts for a long time. I would definetly miss it if y'all turn out to be right. 😅

Edit: the only thing that was dissapointing were the included Rockwell blades.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
It's true Shaun, reading Badger & Blade causes an allergic reaction to zamac over time. I have fallen to it myself. For better or worse, in any case it tends to hurt the wallet.

Top Bottom