What's new

Rockwell Razor?

Hi, I’ve got a simple question.
How well does the Rockwell razor shave. I’ve read that it’s adjustable with the different plates that it has. How mild is the lowest plate in comparison to other razors? How aggressive is the highest plate? I’ve seen the 6c model at 50 bucks through Amazon. Thinking of possibly buying one.

I really like my 6c. I shave every other day and use plate 4. Plate 3 is really smooth with no blade feel. It is roughly as efficient as my 1951 Tech. However, plate 4 is my sweet spot for efficiency and comfort. This razor is one that you can shave on auto pilot.

The 6c has the same head(s) as the 6S. The only difference is the metal. I chose to save $50 and went with the 6C.

For me it is an excellent smooth shaver, plate one I find milder than the AS-D2, in fact plates 1,2 are too mild for me, plate 4 is a little more efficient than the Edwin Jagger DE89. Plate 6 is a bit less aggressive than a Timeless SS .95 base plate. If you wnat super efficient go elsewhere, if you want extremely mild to mid-high aggressive this razor should be it.

I have a 6c and use plate 5 for regular shaving. It's a very good razor for the price, although the 6c and 6s design is inconvenient if you like to change your blade gap mid shave.

The 6C is totally worth as a first razor, not too expensive (I bought mine on Amazon for $35.00) , great shaver and if you like it then you can commit to the 6S and use the 6C as travel razor. Tip: Don't buy the 2C, not worth the money saved.

Cheers

I have a 6s and it's totally great. It is smooth on ALL plates. Plate 2 requires good technique ut BBS is possible. Plate 4 is a good everyday plate and 6 is so damn efficient but still smooth... But might be too much for some people to use everyday.
Id suggest to go for the 6s.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

I have the 6C in gunmetal and absolutely love how it shaves. I decided to get this one instead of the 6S because of other reviews that said the 6S has a brushed finish that creates a little drag when shaving versus the smooth glide of the chrome finish on the 6C. I use the 4 plate for most shaves and it is very comfortable and efficient.

A Rockwell 6s was my second razor, and I can confidently say that it was my best wetshaving purchase to date!

The second and third best purchases were a tub of Tabac and a good synthetic brush...

I think you will thoroughly enjoy a 6c; it is a razor that really grows with you as you learn and advance in your technique and experience.

M

Member 113878

I own a 6C and, while I think it’s a nice shaver, I find it somewhat head-heavy.

i bought the 6c as a above budget razor ( for me low income at the time ) and its been my everyday shaver for the last 6 months and will proberbly stay my everyday shaver I cant see the point in spending another £70 plus for something that might just be a nats nacker better than what I have . on how it shaves I use plate 3 daily smoth dfs and some times bbs . if I have had a weekend of no shaving I gotto plate 4 for the same results .

I seemed to grow out of the 6S. I was using R6 but don't get a great shave anymore even with a Feather blade. I'm using the GC .84 SB and OC as well as the Karve C, D SB and C OC and the Muhle R41. I get a BBS shave with them. Here is a list of the blade gaps for the 6S:

R1: 0.008" (0.20 mm)
R2: 0.014” (0.35 mm)
R3: 0.019” (0.48 mm)
R4: 0.024” (0.61 mm)
R5: 0.027” (0.69 mm)
R6: 0.031” (0.79 mm)

The 6C is a good razor at a good price. The 1 plate is very mild. I've had a 6C for over a year. The plate 1 is very mild, plate 6 is quite close. I used plate 5 mostly & got good shaves with it. I've grown out of the 6C, but it could be a good daily driver for many.

The only two plates I enjoy are the five and six.

It's smooth, efficient enough, and does a great job.

The design might be a little head heavy and clunky, but it's a great razor.

Have a 6S. Started out with R3 and progressed to the R6. With the R6 I get a BBS without trying............as in I shoot for a DFS, but BBS keeps showing up with no weepers or cuts since I started to use the razor and 9 times out of 10 using the alum block afterward I feel nothing....no sting. The 1 time I feel a sting it is very minor.

Top Bottom