What's new

Rockwell Razor Model T2

Hey all. Not sure if this is allowed but I recently picked up the new Model T2 from Rockwell Razors and put my thoughts down in a video.
If you are interested in the razor check it out.

The New Rockwell Razor Model T2 Review (2021)
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been looking for an adjustable razor to add to my collection. Decided against the "so called" adjustables with numerous plates. Decided to try the Rockwell as opposed to the Futur. Your video didn't make the difference in my choice, but it didn't hurt either. Thanks for the effort.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Great video review with a some humour thrown in to make it worth watching. KISS (Keep It Simple Shaving) and that is what I liked about the video. Have a great day when ever you get the chance to read the responses.

Easy to use and a pretty good razor. This is a V2 and it has been just as good as the first release. I didn’t pay the full retail on this as I was a backer on the first attempt. I think I paid $80 for it and more than worth it. The price is kind of steep for the Model T and I’m not sure if I would be willing to pay the full retail for it as I’ve sampled some really well crafted razors with some only costing a few dollars more and of superior make up in alloy. With mostly Brass construction and some Stainless components, the fear is the Zinc alloy that is used in construction of the blade tray & the internal rod that provides movement for the doors to open and close it can potentially fail and be catastrophic for this razor. So far though I have no complaints from this version as it still works as the day when I first received it.

I can’t say if the newer runs have been improved in terms of quality control with some of the early issues that have been fully mentioned & disclosed in other threads and across multiple forums. In my experience with having had it for just over a year, it gives comfortable and efficient shaves. The TTO mechanism has worked flawlessly and the adjustment dial works as it should. It’s a substantial razor in feel with good grip though most of the weight is carried through the handle. Still, the overall weight of the razor aids in cutting whiskers quickly with very little pressure required from the user.

I’ll say this. If one can pick one up for a discount, especially once the holidays roll around, it might be a solid choice and worth the investment for and adjustable TTO in the modern/contemporary era post Gillette adjustables.

Great shaves to all…

3FC2A6AD-8235-42E7-9FB2-F1980359D249.jpeg

Top Bottom