What's new

Rockwell Razor first shave

I disinfected the new Rockwell 6S that came via FedEx yesterday and had my first shave with it today.

I did my usual prep, shower, hot water rinse, Gentleman’s Refinery preshave oil, followed dry and a lather up with Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street shave soap. I started with a Feather blade, and the number 1 guard. After one stroke, I replaced it with the number 3 guard.

I completed a three pass shave with the number 3 guard, and followed up with an alum block. There wasn’t any stinging and the shave was a closer shave than I experienced with my cheap-o Chinese razor.

Tomorrow I’ll shave with the number 4 guard and the same setup.

I understand that the finer the instrument the finer the results, but I had no idea that it would be this much finer. I’m certainly glad that I made the jump, and have no regrets.

The 6S is a great razor. I use the R4 plate daily for head and face shaves. Of all the DEs I have (15 or so), it’s the only one I reach for. It combines efficiency and comfort for a nick free shave.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Congratulations. I’m very happy for you. It is a wonderful feeling when things fall into place.

Top Bottom