What's new

Rockwell Razor Club

Which gives better shaves overall?

• Merkur Progress

• Rockwell 6s

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, I am a new member too. Rockwell is a very interesting razor. I am curious to know if it it will substitute my Fatip razors that I have been using for a couple of years.

What is your preferred blade on 6s?
Perma-Sharp , Gillette Wilkinson sword

How is the QC now in 2021?
I have wanted to get a 6s or 6c for awhile. I have heard that the 6c glides better and has better QC. But the 6s is of course more durable but higher likelihood of being defective.
So what is the consensus?

Thanks

How is the QC now in 2021?
I have wanted to get a 6s or 6c for awhile. I have heard that the 6c glides better and has better QC. But the 6s is of course more durable but higher likelihood of being defective.
So what is the consensus?

Thanks
In my experience the 6S QC is spot on. I have an older one and one each of the new blue and red versions and they are perfect. The same cannot be said for the 2C I purchased a few years ago as the thread stripped the second time I changed the blade.... Tossed that piece of crap straight in the bin!

In my experience the 6S QC is spot on. I have an older one and one each of the new blue and red versions and they are perfect. The same cannot be said for the 2C I purchased a few years ago as the thread stripped the second time I changed the blade.... Tossed that piece of crap straight in the bin!
I was in a Duluth Trading store today and they were selling the 2c for $30.50. Also boxes of Rockwell blades, a Rockwell blade bank and Rockwell shaving soap.

I don’t know why they don’t sell the C baseplates separately as they do for the S. And shouldn’t the plates be 1/2, 3/4, and 5/6? They overcharge for the plates anyway and who would buy them since the S comes with all 3 and they say not to mix and match S and C parts. I guess if you lose one.

I'm in. I've owned a 6S for over two months now, and I've been using it exclusively ever since. The weight and the size is just perfect for me, and it shaves wonderfully. Smooth shaves and little to no blade feel. it has cured my RAD, for now at least [emoji28]
I just don't miss using any of my other razors, it's absurd!

I am a new member.
The 6C is my favorite razor, it gives me perfect shaves every day, I have sold all my other razors except a Game Changer 68. I hope in the future Rockwell will make a stainless seel razor with slim head. The weight of the 6S is what made me choose the 6C.

What plates do you use? & 6c is gone. Gifted my 6c(almost 2 years old) to my son who has used a micro touch one razor for a couple of years last week. But a 6s is scheduled to arrive tomorrow . I use the r3 (head), r4 the most as daily driver, r5 for a super close shave or longer growth.

What plates do you use? & 6c is gone. Gifted my 6c(almost 2 years old) to my son who has used a micro touch one razor for a couple of years last week. But a 6s is scheduled to arrive tomorrow . I use the r3 (head), r4 the most as daily driver, r5 for a super close shave or longer growth.
The daily driver is for me the R4 and R3 plates, R5 and R6 for longer growth, all on a 6S. I don’t use R1 and R2. I use the 6S pretty much exclusively for 2 years now. 4 to 5 shaves a week in the average.

Finally able to join the rockwell razor club
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

I got one of those head shaves today that makes you go "WOW!" The rockwell 6G (R3) paired with a new Nacet blade was flawless. Very smooth and efficient.

The soap and splash from Razor Emporium is a banger for me. The performance is as good or better than any artisan on the market for me. I wish they'd make more scents.
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

I have a 6C Gunmetal finish since June 2020. Used it first with plate R3 the first 4 months but now moved to R4 -> closer shaves, close enough with almost no irritation.
Really smooth shaves! I use either a Rapira Platinum Lux or a Derby Premium in it but almost any blade seems to work quite well in this 6C.
Only thing i don't like is the gunmetal finish has worn off quite a lot from the cap (4 mm has become a lot lighter) which isn't beautiful, but i don't really care although its a pity.

I also own a Wilkinson Sword Classic ( the metal one - uneven blade exposure, my worst razor which i hardly ever use anymore ), a King C Gillette (not bad at all for the price, maybe a tad too mild), a Qshave ( the Futur clone, i kinda like it on setting 3, really not bad but also uneven blade exposure, one side is a lot more aggressive than the other on mine, but i use it from time to time), a Gillette Slim Adjustable (a 1961 from my late uncle which shaves really great on setting 5 for me, what a great razor they made then, wonderful thing!!) and a french DE razor , the Gentleman Barbier short version (absolutely WONDERFUL, is AS GOOD as the 6C on plate 4, wonderful, i bought it in France in Aups in the Provence region).

I have a 6C Gunmetal finish since June 2020. Used it first with plate R3 the first 4 months but now moved to R4 -> closer shaves, close enough with almost no irritation.
Really smooth shaves! I use either a Rapira Platinum Lux or a Derby Premium in it but almost any blade seems to work quite well in this 6C.
Only thing i don't like is the gunmetal finish has worn off quite a lot from the cap (4 mm has become a lot lighter) which isn't beautiful, but i don't really care although its a pity.

I also own a Wilkinson Sword Classic ( the metal one - uneven blade exposure, my worst razor which i hardly ever use anymore ), a King C Gillette (not bad at all for the price, maybe a tad too mild), a Qshave ( the Futur clone, i kinda like it on setting 3, really not bad but also uneven blade exposure, one side is a lot more aggressive than the other on mine, but i use it from time to time), a Gillette Slim Adjustable (a 1961 from my late uncle which shaves really great on setting 5 for me, what a great razor they made then, wonderful thing!!) and a french DE razor , the Gentleman Barbier short version (absolutely WONDERFUL, is AS GOOD as the 6C on plate 4, wonderful, i bought it in France in Aups in the Provence region).

I hear you.. Within a week my gunmetal 6c finish came off both leading edges of top cap. Got tired of looking at it and polished it off. It just wiped off. I had a chrome 6c for over a year , no problems.

I generally use my Rockwell 6S on plates #4 through #6 with plate #4 seeing most use with a Gillette India 7 O'Clock Permasharp Green blade.

Today I used my Chrome Rockwell 6c with the #3 plate and a Voskhod Teflon coated blade. Used old Tallow Speick Shave stick for a wonderful slick lather.

The Rockwell 6C gave a smooth effortless DFS shave. It cleaned up stubble very well in 2.5 passes with no efforts. Completely usable and sustainable shave till maybe the 5 O'clock shadow creeps in as its DFS. It was so smooth I had to check if there was a bade in it, however the feel told me that the stubble was silently being mowed down ever so gently.

I find it surprising plates with a certain published blade gap clean up stubble well above what we would expect from any other razor with a higher blade gap like a GC, Lupo or Karve. Plus it is much smoother giving consistent shaves with a variety of attack angles from shallow to steep.

I will check the same blade / plate and soap combination with the Rockwell 6S to see if its equally smooth or if it generates a "drag" due to its matte finish. The 6S has more heft which should also help things. If it does I may buy another 6S when its on some steep discounts and polish the exposed cap and plate guards with sand paper and some abrasive metal polish for a smooth shiny finish !

I am a member too, I have the 6c in Gunmetal. Probably the smoothest razor I own.

Plate #6, #5,#4 are my favourites.
Glides perfectly on the skin and because I use it mainly with US artisan soaps, the shave is always fantastic.

Last week I used it with a Mammoth Tusk base "Mood Indigo". Wow. Just Wow.

Closing in on a year with my 6S. The out-of-the-box cap didn't align the blade evenly, the new one sent by Rockwell rectified the error. This is my best razor so far. I like the size, grip and weight, also the lifetime warranty and the (for me at least) impeccable customer service.
I use multiple plates per shave. I don't use R5, R6. Even R2 is too aggressive day-to-day around my mouth, but if I skip 2-3 days R2 is optimal for me. Otherwise R1 for the most sensitive areas, R2 for the rest of my face and if I see stubble (mostly on my cheeks), then I reach for higher plates.
The only drawback for me is the time required for shaving - read plate switching. A perfect razor for me would have the durability of the 6S, the comfort of R1 but the efficiency of at least R3.

Top Bottom