What's new

Rockwell Plate #1 - Found a Use

Up until now I thought #1 was of no value. For kicks, I put it on and did an ATG pass on my neck. I never do that....ever. Cleanest neck shave ever. Then, another ATG on the back of my head. I’m not going to do this every day, but the results were pretty good. Does anyone else use #1?. I may be the only one.

Up until now I thought #1 was of no value. For kicks, I put it on and did an ATG pass on my neck. I never do that....ever. Cleanest neck shave ever. Then, another ATG on the back of my head. I’m not going to do this every day, but the results were pretty good. Does anyone else use #1?. I may be the only one.
No, but I will now. I originally started with plate 1, took two strokes and jumped to plate 3. Now I use plate 4.

When I don’t use a real straight razor I use plate # 2. It works for 3 pass shave with 0 irritation.

I have a feeling #1 is going to come back to bite me (literally). I predict I will throw caution to the wind and learn bad habits. I’ll know for sure when I crank up my Variant to #4. Fortunately, I have a jumbo skyptic stick.

I use plate #4 as well, with a Gillette Platinum. The #1 was an experiment to see if I could find a use. #1 will see limited use, but may use it for stubborn areas ATG.

Top Bottom