What's new

Rockwell Model T is in!!

I purchased a white chrome Model T from Rockwell a month ago. I am quite disappointed with it and Rockwell's service.

I immediately noticed the doors were not right when I first removed it from the box. One sat about 2 mm higher than the other. I'm not sure how they didn't notice this. It's extremely obvious. And one door won't fully open. Rockwell had me disassemble the razor and spin the t-bar around. This didn't fix it; it only moved the problem to the other side.

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 4.19.47 PM.png

Rockwell replied that it sounds like there could be a bit of extra chroming somewhere in the doors or the t-bar, so would have their team send me a new t-bar that week. I said that that would be great, but please inform me when it shipped. They didn't.

I found the package a day after it arrived. But this t-bar has its own problems. The doors separate and sit cockeyed when fully closed.

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 4.25.11 PM.png

Rockwell has not replied to any of my subsequent messages, including the one where I asked for a refund.

In all fairness my replacement head took 6 months. And I had to pay for it. The refunded me 3 weeks later.
That said it was only minor finishing issues and the razor performs very well.

I went thru Kickstarter. It’s been so long I can’t remember! (I’ll gather my data soon). Still faith and waiting. Will provide full data waiting details upon delivery. Shave nice & safe!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received mine last week (backed it on IndieGoGo a couple of years ago). The doors on mine are a little off (much less than pictured above), and I think it's just cosmetic--seems to shave just fine. I've had some really good shaves with it already. I don't think it'll knock off the favourites of mine (6S, RR GC), but it's a nice little razor.

I wanted to like the Model T. I truly did. And I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt to Rockwell. That's why I bought one. But when I was given product with such obvious defect twice, and Rockwell ignored my subsequent pleads for help, I can no longer recommend them.

By the way, I just received another promotional email from them to buy a Model T, this one stating they "just released a limited number of Brushed Chrome Model T Razors NOW on our website! We only have 100 units available." Ironic.

Also, I noticed that the doors on the first T-bar (photo #1) were each marked with a #2. The bars of the second T-bar (photo #2) -- one was stamped with a 1, the other with a 2.

Last edited:
What? Almost a year and the thread has gone silent. Is the Model T that bad? Can it not provide one a comfortable yet efficient shave? Is the quality still not up to snuff? Well, thought I’d give the thread a bit of a jump start again because though it isn’t talked about as much compared to the more exotic alloy razors that it competes against, it is still quite a good shaver. I used mine this morning as it has been dormant for quite some time and truthfully it gave an excellent shave. Easy to get the cutting angle and it just goes about its business of reducing whiskers a stroke at a time. I’ve never experienced a bad shave with it and the razor still looks as good as the day I received it almost a year and a half ago. Truth be told I’ve only had about 20 to 30 shaves with it in that time but, it hasn’t disappointed on performance nor quality issues have surfaced. The TTO mechanism works flawlessly as does the adjustment dial. Nothing has come loose or fallen apart as of this writing. It’s a performer that shaves as good as its older sibling, the 6s and arguably for some (like myself) it shaves better. I used to think that when it was first released at under $100 USD, it was a pretty good deal. Once that Rockwell decided to raise the price of the Model T to $150 USD, I was sure that it was just to much for a Brass, Zinc & chrome plated razor with some Stainless internal components to give it some legs in durability. Today, I’m not so sure with the current world economic situation plus, the uber price tags that we are seeing in the luxury razor department. I mean, the Rocnel Sailor S Adjustable is nearly $700 USD and a host of other razors that have surpassed the $200+ price point. Of course they are made with better and costlier alloys that are meant to last a lifetime and even a couple of lifetimes and arguably the cost befits them as some of them are true works of functional art. Now I see the price of the Model T and say “that’s not so bad“ when I consider price/performance ratio. It’s not the prettiest or most exotic and it might not be the best shaver out there but, it’s pretty darn good for what it was designed to be. An affordable (in today’s economics) razor for the every day Man.

The shave today was again excellent.....
145CCF34-639A-446B-9A4A-DEDC502222B2.jpeg

What? Almost a year and the thread has gone silent. Is the Model T that bad? Can it not provide one a comfortable yet efficient shave? Is the quality still not up to snuff? Well, thought I’d give the thread a bit of a jump start again because though it isn’t talked about as much compared to the more exotic alloy razors that it competes against, it is still quite a good shaver. I used mine this morning as it has been dormant for quite some time and truthfully it gave an excellent shave. Easy to get the cutting angle and it just goes about its business of reducing whiskers a stroke at a time. I’ve never experienced a bad shave with it and the razor still looks as good as the day I received it almost a year and a half ago. Truth be told I’ve only had about 20 to 30 shaves with it in that time but, it hasn’t disappointed on performance nor quality issues have surfaced. The TTO mechanism works flawlessly as does the adjustment dial. Nothing has come loose or fallen apart as of this writing. It’s a performer that shaves as good as its older sibling, the 6s and arguably for some (like myself) it shaves better. I used to think that when it was first released at under $100 USD, it was a pretty good deal. Once that Rockwell decided to raise the price of the Model T to $150 USD, I was sure that it was just to much for a Brass, Zinc & chrome plated razor with some Stainless internal components to give it some legs in durability. Today, I’m not so sure with the current world economic situation plus, the uber price tags that we are seeing in the luxury razor department. I mean, the Rocnel Sailor S Adjustable is nearly $700 USD and a host of other razors that have surpassed the $200+ price point. Of course they are made with better and costlier alloys that are meant to last a lifetime and even a couple of lifetimes and arguably the cost befits them as some of them are true works of functional art. Now I see the price of the Model T and say “that’s not so bad“ when I consider price/performance ratio. It’s not the prettiest or most exotic and it might not be the best shaver out there but, it’s pretty darn good for what it was designed to be. An affordable (in today’s economics) razor for the every day Man.

The shave today was again excellent.....
View attachment 1151032
I don't use mine as much as I used to. My tastes have changed to milder razors.

I love my Model T
Gives me a great shave at whatever number I need. I was disappointed when I first received it because it was originally supposed to be better quality material but when it was finally manufactured material was downgraded.. Overtime the more I used it the more I liked it. Clean smooth easy shaver. I gave the rockwell blades away that came with razor,my opinion, terrible blades but great razor.

Enjoyed a shave with the model T today. Nice thing about adjustables, is that you can dial down the blade reveal as you progress through the passes, and/or you can dial down when you hit more sensitive areas, like under the nose.

It would be something that I would consider if it were under $100. When I saw it was finally available and $150 I couldn't pull the trigger. I have a Slim that has been re-plated that cost me over $100 which is one reason I just can't pull the trigger. Another is I don't think I could find another razor that could be better than the Slim so I come to the conclusion why bother buying another expensive razor.

It would be something that I would consider if it were under $100. When I saw it was finally available and $150 I couldn't pull the trigger. I have a Slim that has been re-plated that cost me over $100 which is one reason I just can't pull the trigger. Another is I don't think I could find another razor that could be better than the Slim so I come to the conclusion why bother buying another expensive razor.
It's not better than a slim

Thanks for that info. I guess I will stop looking for used ones now. I had found one on the bay(I think, bad memory) a while back for $100 and had thought about buying it but I passed on it. Not sure why I keep looking and thinking about buying more razors. I have around 8 or 9 now. I do have a cased Fatboy and I like it a lot and I might have to give a slight edge to the Slim as far as which one I like more.

Thanks for that info. I guess I will stop looking for used ones now. I had found one on the bay(I think, bad memory) a while back for $100 and had thought about buying it but I passed on it. Not sure why I keep looking and thinking about buying more razors. I have around 8 or 9 now. I do have a cased Fatboy and I like it a lot and I might have to give a slight edge to the Slim as far as which one I like more.
I have over 100 razors and I still look. Just bought one today.

I agree. Well, I like my Fatboy better than my Slim - but it was still way under $100 in mint condition.

Top Bottom