What's new

Rockwell Model T - in chrome finish

If they decrease the price of the Model T. Let's say make it at 100$ then they would have to decrease the price of the 6S too. Since the Model T is more complex and has more moving parts. I guess 120$ would be the sweet point.

Given the competition (e.g. Vikings Blade and Parker Variant), I think that the Model T probably needs to come in at 100 bucks, max. (I have one, and after having it in hand for awhile, I'm not sure I would pay even that for it.) The other offshore-made adjustables are already well established in the market at considerably less than $100. Meanwhile, the $150 (+or-) price range seems fully occupied by the ever increasing roster of CNC stainless and brass razors which, though not adjustables, are of a much higher quality in terms of materials, fit and finish. I think the Model T, a made-in-China, mostly zamak razor, is a hard sell at the $150 price point where it is going up against the profileration of artisan made razors.

One way for Rockwell to get the price down on the Model T would be to provide an ala carte option, i.e. lose the 100 (terrible anyway) Rockwell blades and the other doodads like the blade bank, leather head cover, etc., and simplify the packaging. Just the razor, for a hundred bucks.

In a few of their Model T Kickstarter updates, Rockwell indicated that pricing will need to increase on the Model T from the approx. $79-99 Kickstarter price. New suggested prices have ranged from about $120 to $195, but they haven't committed on a new price or commented on the issues for a few months. I doubt we'll hear more until the razor hopefully goes on sale to the general public in a couple of months.

My guess is that Rockwell will try to hide significant price increases by marketing Model T "packages" with sheaths, stands, blades, soap, etc.

Rockwell is well aware that an increasing price above about $100 will result in significantly lower demand. However, since I doubt the Model T can act as a loss leader to sell Rockwell blades, soap, other razors, etc., the reality of manufacturing costs, payroll, etc., will determine the price, and that price might not be as attractive as both Rockwell and wet shavers had hoped.
Fast forward eight months and the
Model T is not flying off the shelves
Like the RR Game Changer or a Wolfman
Of any type, not to mention Shane over
There in Blackland he's selling razors
Like there's no tomorrow.
$150 USD for a Zamak razor is a bad
Proposition and simply put just plain ole bad business.

In a few of their Model T Kickstarter updates, Rockwell indicated that pricing will need to increase on the Model T from the approx. $79-99 Kickstarter price. New suggested prices have ranged from about $120 to $195, but they haven't committed on a new price or commented on the issues for a few months. I doubt we'll hear more until the razor hopefully goes on sale to the general public in a couple of months.

My guess is that Rockwell will try to hide significant price increases by marketing Model T "packages" with sheaths, stands, blades, soap, etc.

Rockwell is well aware that an increasing price above about $100 will result in significantly lower demand. However, since I doubt the Model T can act as a loss leader to sell Rockwell blades, soap, other razors, etc., the reality of manufacturing costs, payroll, etc., will determine the price, and that price might not be as attractive as both Rockwell and wet shavers had hoped.
Fast forward eight months and the
Model T is not flying off the shelves
Like the RR Game Changer or a Wolfman
Of any type, not to mention Shane over
There in Blackland he's selling razors
Like there's no tomorrow.
$150 USD for a Zamak razor is a bad
Proposition and simply put just plain ole bad business.
There's a thread that has all that info here on the forum. I don't have time now to find it but its one of the original threads here from over a year ago. I believe the info is on RE's site also. Its not very much that is either brass or zamac but its certainly not all stainless as most would have you think!!
A large portion of us were under the impression that the Rex is all Stainless
Steel. Added Zamak or Brass and it's
Not the same Value to me at least, when
We fork over $250 USD it's assuming that
It's for an all Stainless Steel razor.

I purchased a Model T from Rockwell a few months ago. It was defective, and plainly obvious from the moment I took it out of the box. The doors wouldn't close.

They sent me a replacement T-bar that was defective as well. It's doors wouldn't close either.

Rockwell was non responsive after that, so I requested a refund. They agreed, and sent 2 return shipping labels.

Tracking shows Rockwell received both items back, but now they are refusing to refund and have gone silent once again. So much for their "100% quality guaranteed, or your money back" policy that they display on their site.

So now I have a dispute in process with my credit card company.

This is a terrible way to treat customers.

I purchased a Model T from Rockwell a few months ago. It was defective, and plainly obvious from the moment I took it out of the box. The doors wouldn't close.

They sent me a replacement T-bar that was defective as well. It's doors wouldn't close either.

Rockwell was non responsive after that, so I requested a refund. They agreed, and sent 2 return shipping labels.

Tracking shows Rockwell received both items back, but now they are refusing to refund and have gone silent once again. So much for their "100% quality guaranteed, or your money back" policy that they display on their site.

So now I have a dispute in process with my credit card company.

This is a terrible way to treat customers.
So many people suck up to Rockwell
By putting their customer service on a
Pedestal.
Looks like you have a different take on it

A large portion of us were under the impression that the Rex is all Stainless
Steel. Added Zamak or Brass and it's
Not the same Value to me at least, when
We fork over $250 USD it's assuming that
It's for an all Stainless Steel razor.

That's an incorrect statement and 99.9% false. You should do your due diligence in research before making unfounded statements.

That's an incorrect statement and 99.9% false. You should do your due diligence in research before making unfounded statements.
So you're saying it is 100% stainless steel Is that correct. I did my research and I'm getting several Answers to the question is the Rex 100%Stainless steel or not. Believe me I've got Due Diligence coming Out of my ears because I've done so much Of it.
So instead of the attitude how about you
Enlighten us and settle this once and for all

So you're saying it is 100% stainless steel Is that correct. I did my research and I'm getting several Answers to the question is the Rex 100%Stainless steel or not. Believe me I've got Due Diligence coming Out of my ears because I've done so much Of it.
So instead of the attitude how about you
Enlighten us and settle this once and for all

You got your answer on another forum when you made the same unresearched statement mr. full of unverified facts and full of horse ****. On top of that, you got the full answer and correction from the maker of the Rex Ambassador himself. You must be the poster child for the statement "Ignorance is Bliss".

You got your answer on another forum when you made the same unresearched statement mr. full of unverified facts and full of horse ****. On top of that, you got the full answer and correction from the maker of the Rex Ambassador himself. You must be the poster child for the statement "Ignorance is Bliss".
I just saw the reply from Matt @RE
Go back to the other forum and read my
Reply to Matt.
He's basically saying the early units of
The same razor had a Zamak spring
So it's 100% stainless but it was not
In the beginning.

No need to be Nasty about it.

Reply to Matt.
In the beginning.

Hey Chief, do you think he meant to say that it was a zinc plated spring?

I’m not a metallurgy expert or anything but that sounds strange to me. I’ve heard of zinc plated springs though.

Hey Chief, do you think he meant to say that it was a zinc plated spring?

I’m not a metallurgy expert or anything but that sounds strange to me. I’ve heard of zinc plated springs though.
Exactly. You wouldn't make everything else out of steel and a spring, which gets more stress and wear than nearly any of the other parts, out of zamak. The reverse, if anything. But people are getting all angry in this thread, and I know nuthin', so I'm butting out.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Reply to Matt.
In the beginning.

The original REX used "carbon steel springs coated with a zinc surface (may be rusted)", because carbon steel has better elasticity than stainless steel.
But it has a completely different meaning from "Zamak springs", Zamak is not elastic- it cannot be made into a spring.

After the second version, Rex all used all stainless steel springs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom