What's new

Rockwell Model T available at retail

Apart from the “quality of manufacturing and metals used” factor, how does it actually perform? Also against the 6s series?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have found my Model T to be an outstanding shaver; as good, really, as anything in my den. The head geometry is really dialed in; super smooth and efficient, and the adjustment feature works very well. I prefer it to the 6S, as it shaves better (for me) than the 6S, and the functionality of being able to adjust easily during the shave is a great feature. In that regard, it is what an adjustable razor is supposed to be. Having said that, I honestly do not care for the Model T's aesthetics. It is a massive razor, with a big handle and a very large head (a charcterisitc it shares with the 6S) and seems clunky to me. I prefer a more streamlined and nimble design. For this reason, despite being a fine shaver, the T isn't a favorite for me. YMMV.

I have found my Model T to be an outstanding shaver; as good, really, as anything in my den. The head geometry is really dialed in; super smooth and efficient, and the adjustment feature works very well. I prefer it to the 6S, as it shaves better (for me) than the 6S, and the functionality of being able to adjust easily during the shave is a great feature. In that regard, it is what an adjustable razor is supposed to be. Having said that, I honestly do not care for the Model T's aesthetics. It is a massive razor, with a big handle and a very large head (a charcterisitc it shares with the 6S) and seems clunky to me. I prefer a more streamlined and nimble design. For this reason, despite being a fine shaver, the T isn't a favorite for me. YMMV.

Thanks a lot for that. I am not a big fan of its looks either and will probably not consider buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That about sums up my reaction too. I get fantastic shaves from it, and it dials to a much more aggressive setting than the 6C is capable of. Even though I generally like a heavier razor, this just seems a bit oversized to me. For an adjustable I tend to go with a Slim or Super far more often than the T.

Top Bottom