What's new

Rockwell, Karve, and NEW LC

These are my three favorite razors. I haven't been able to pick the one I like best, and fortunately I don't have to.

I think that for an easy, mindless shave, I like the Rockwell. But both the Karve and the NEW shave a tad closer.

Sometimes I am in the mood for one, sometimes the other.

But these are three great razors.

I really want to try a Timeless next.

Sadly I have to sell my Karve Razor. We’re not getting Along.
My Rockwell 6s and R41 are much BETTER And smoother. I’m So Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rockwell 6S is the only razor on my list these days. Seems like a great choice.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

The Rockwell 6S is the only razor on my list these days. Seems like a great choice.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

I have had the Rockwell 6s for going on 2 years. One of the best Razors I have used and I Have been wet shaving since 1982.

I have had the Rockwell 6s for going on 2 years. One of the best Razors I have used and I Have been wet shaving since 1982.

Agreed, and I've been wet shaving since (shudder!) 1975. It fits my three-part philosophy of tools and appliances (and many other consumer durables): (1) Don't buy the cheapest model from unknown brand X. There's too much of a chance of problems. (2) Do buy a successful model from a well-known brand, even though the slightly higher price you pay may be partly for marketing costs. Many others have been happy with it, there's a good chance you will be too. (3) If and only if strategy (2) doesn't work, don't hesitate to pay a lot more for the top of the line luxury item, even if some of that money is wasted on a custom velvet-lined leather case and the like. You'll be enjoying it for many years if not for life.
I think the 6S falls solidly in with strategy (2) and is a complete success, though it is entirely possible the Karve and several others would too. I owe a lot to this forum. Alas, this does mean I'll probably never know how great the uber-expensive luxury razors are. C'est la vie.

I can comment that the 3" carve is a beautifully balanced and weighted razor.
I agree. I’ve given my 6s to my father and the game changer doesn’t see any action. The Karve is MY razor, end of story for me.
OP: those three are indeed three great razors, happy shaving!

Sadly I have to sell my Karve Razor. We’re not getting Along.
My Rockwell 6s and R41 are much BETTER And smoother. I’m So Sad.

Which plate(s) do you have for your Karve Christopher Bradley? I am looking to buy one.

Which plate(s) do you have for your Karve Christopher Bradley? I am looking to buy one.

I have the C plate but have a B on order. For me, the C is comparable in efficiency to maybe plate 4 of the Rockwell 6s or something like 5 on a Gillette Fatboy. But this is just a generic comparison. The Karve is a beautiful razor and aesthetically nothing I own compares to it, but I find it just a smidge less forgiving than my 6s with the plates I typically use (3 to 5, with 4 used most often).

I have the C plate but have a B on order. For me, the C is comparable in efficiency to maybe plate 4 of the Rockwell 6s or something like 5 on a Gillette Fatboy. But this is just a generic comparison. The Karve is a beautiful razor and aesthetically nothing I own compares to it, but I find it just a smidge less forgiving than my 6s with the plates I typically use (3 to 5, with 4 used most often).
Now I am second guessing myself. I was going to order it with the C. I use my Rockwell 6C on Plate 3 mostly and my FatBoy on 4. I'd hate to just order the B and not find it efficient enough.

Now I am second guessing myself. I was going to order it with the C. I use my Rockwell 6C on Plate 3 mostly and my FatBoy on 4. I'd hate to just order the B and not find it efficient enough.

Yes, get some more solid feed back before making the commitment. I wish I had the B now to compare to the C but I'm in that approximately month long waiting queue :)

Yes, get some more solid feed back before making the commitment. I wish I had the B now to compare to the C but I'm in that approximately month long waiting queue :)
I say just buy it, and pick one or two plates you think you might like, and worry no more. Once you're shaving with it, you'll know how you feel about the plates you bought, and can then knowledgeably fine-tune it with another plate if you feel it's not perfection.

Shaving is too personal and too subjective, to accurately decide this from anonymous individuals' words on paper. Best to just get in the game.

But I admit it is enjoyable discussing it ...

I say just buy it, and pick one or two plates you think you might like, and worry no more. Once you're shaving with it, you'll know how you feel about the plates you bought, and can then knowledgeably fine-tune it with another plate if you feel it's not perfection.

Shaving is too personal and too subjective, to accurately decide this from anonymous individuals' words on paper. Best to just get in the game.

But I admit it is enjoyable discussing it ...
So true. Being a female DE Wet Shaver who shaves daily is different than it is for the guys too.
So I decided to get both B & C lol. Now the month-long wait.

Top Bottom